lost my product license after use y400 mod bios

osy

Hi

i have ideapad y400 for a year and 2m ago i used the mod bios v 2.04 ( my original was 2.02) ,after flashing the mod bios in doc way ,i checked the bios

to see that the intro information page was deleted ,but the lap was able to boot to OS so I flashed the stock bios win version to restore my original bios and done

every thing regained except the product key not any more recognized by even the original DVDs of recovery and automated activation was lost for win 8 pre-installed

Is there any way to insert my product key in the bios specially my bios now still written in the ifo page that my comp.is licensed for win8 STD

Thanks a lot in advance

Sorry that this does not help you, but I am glad you posted this because before trying modified firmware, I did wonder if it would wipe out my Windows 8 key on the BIOS. Seems like that will be the case.

What I have now done, which may help someone else, is to download the tool RWEverything from rweverything.com. If you load it up, press the ACPI button and then select the MSDM tab, at the bottom of the block of info will be your Windows 8 key. Maybe others already knew this, but it might help someone.

Thanks pintozack

i used rw tool and found my bios has no key printed in MSDM file and the slic section has no data ....I knew my key before this problem , but it is not allowed to activate my win 8 by this key-activation must be yhrough the bios , if I find ACPI.rw everything report copy of any other ideapad Y400 laptop ,I think it is possible to modify my bios and re-write my oem key again thanks in advance

If you followed the described procedure properly you'll still have the key and everything. In case you messed up somehow you still have your backup, so just flash it and you're back to the original state. If you didn't create a backup, well then I can't help either.

• Thumbs Up 1