780M Gx Bricked

Loïc Marin

Hi!

I recently upgrade my gpu from 670mx gtx to 780m gtx! My board is ms16f3. (msi gt60 0nc)

Unfortunatly, I made a bad vbios flash :-(

Now :

If i boot with 780m: stuck at msi logo screen

If i disable 780m, the laptop boot without problem but i have no access to the card → no nvflash to recover

If i remove the card, boot without problem

If i boot with the old 670mx → no problem

Please, is it possible to force boot on igp while keeping the 780m awake and so make a nvfash?

I have an unlock bios :

post-14663-14494997443531_thumb.jpg

post-14663-14494997443857_thumb.jpg

post-14663-14494997444178_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Question for you.. Did it ever fully post with the 780m present in the system?? Sounds that way since you say you made a bad vbios flash. If you can't get into the system with the 780m present, you only option is to find some body willing to let you flash you card back to the original vbios and go from there. I know because I am in a similar boat with a 770m in a gt680 :(

Hi! The system was booting with the 780m before the bad flash

It's seem that I have 2 solutions:

- buy an alienware m18 → flash my bricked gpu with the sli (too expensive)

- buy Dell Alienware Nvidia GTX780M 780M Video Card Replacement Vbios V Bios Chip 256K | eBay → I order one and i'm wainting for it...

Hi! The system was booting with the 780m before the bad flash

It's seem that I have 2 solutions:

- buy an alienware m18 → flash my bricked gpu with the sli (too expensive)

- buy Dell Alienware Nvidia GTX780M 780M Video Card Replacement Vbios V Bios Chip 256K | eBay → I order one and i'm wainting for it...

You have the equipment to swap the chips?

• 6 months later...

I had the same problem. Don't know why because I used the 780M unlocked bios from this forum and there was no errors.

now the laptop freezes in the first boot screen unable to choose any key (del, f11 to bot from usb and reflash, etc)

the replacement bios, did it work for you?

cheers

OK, i'll search a heat gun

Thanks for the help

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

is this possible to replace the gpu at your laptop ? at mine dell 7720 with gt650m its impossible cause the card is built in the mainboard

GT and GX series of MSI have upgreadable parts including the GPU. if you have other models other than this one then your conclusion is right