Good news! 2 780m installed in my m18x R1 thanks to Unlocked A05

Well good news for me. I got the 2 780m that I bought working in my m18x r1. By working I mean displaying video. I was on A05 locked and was unable to get it to post. All I got was a black screen with one beep.

I installed the 580m back in. Updated to the A05 unlocked bios. Switched it to IGFX. Reinstalled both 780m and changed it back to PEG. I got video now so that's a big step in the right direction.

Now if I can just get my modified INFs to work with this friggin beta driver Nvidia just released ill be in good shape.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Well good news for me. I got the 2 780m that I bought working in my m18x r1. By working I mean displaying video. I was on A05 locked and was unable to get it to post. All I got was a black screen with one beep.

I installed the 580m back in. Updated to the A05 unlocked bios. Switched it to IGFX. Reinstalled both 780m and changed it back to PEG. I got video now so that's a big step in the right direction.

Now if I can just get my modified INFs to work with this friggin beta driver Nvidia just released ill be in good shape.

I want to put the GTX 880M Alienware M18xR1, will this card work in my laptop?

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...