y510P not recognizing second graphics card with latest Nvidia driver

keithgchapman

Hi all,

I purchased a Y510P (Dual graphics cards) a month or so ago. It came with Windows 8 and I upgraded it to Windows 8.1. I also upgraded it to the latest Nvidia drivers. Unfortunately the second graphics card does not work with the latest driver (version 335.23). When I go to device manager it shows the error message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". Reinstalling the driver from the recovery partition (version 311.54) did the trick. I guess the newer driver should be able to get better performance out of the card.

Is there any way around this?

Thats for the pointer no I did not do that yet. I'm also thinking of changing the wifi card on the machine to a Intel 7260AC which will require me to hack the bios. So can I just skip this vbios update and flash the bios to the one on this forum? Will take take care of the dual graphics card on 8.1.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new, I recently bought a Lenovo y510p and I see that it has both intel HD 4600 and Nvidia GT 755M, does discrete Nividia mean it's the same as dedicated? and also I check on the intel site and it told me it was both intel 4600, the seller told me it doesn't matter if it says it on intel as long as it states nvidia 755m in device manager it is fine, is it suppose to be like this?

• 2 weeks later...

I had this issue with windows 8.1. I clean installed it again, and follow this driver install order:

- chipset

- ime

- wifi

- intel graphics (with ultrabay out, enable on bios uma only)

- nvidia graphics (after succesful install of intel vga, reinsert ultrabay and activate the option on bios)

- audio

- lan

-card reader

- camera

- touchpad

- bluetooth

- acpi

After that, my PC boots in like 8 seconds and everything goes smooth (other than the fact that intel wifi SUCKS DONKEY ASS and only get 12mb out of my 100mb connection).

After that, my PC boots in like 8 seconds and everything goes smooth

This is great @dhuesca. My y410p randomly decides to uninstall my GT750M Ultrabay whenever it wants, and since I don't have an SSD, it takes ages to boot and re-install it. I'll keep your installation order in mind when my 128GB NGFF comes in.

• 2 months later...
340.52 is out. I heard that with it you cannot change voltage.. Have anyone tried it yet?

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/340.52/340.52-win8-win7-notebook-release-notes.pdf

I'm on the latest Nvidia driver and have modded bios/vbios flashed on my y510p and I can confirm that I still can change the voltage with Nvidia Inspector. If you have inspector running when installing new driver, after driver have been installed the voltage option will grayed out but I fixed mine by just close inspector and reopen it

I'm on the latest Nvidia driver and have modded bios/vbios flashed on my y510p and I can confirm that I still can change the voltage with Nvidia Inspector. If you have inspector running when installing new driver, after driver have been installed the voltage option will grayed out but I fixed mine by just close inspector and reopen it

Did you perhaps noticed any FPS changes or stability issues or something? Or its basically the same as the previous version?

I dont know if this is the place to post this, I'm not having trouble with my Nvidia driver, but sometimes when I'm gaming my intel graphics driver crashes. It says that it need to be updated to fix the problem but when I try to update it, it says that my computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for the update. Ive got the y510p as well.

• 3 months later...
I dont know if this is the place to post this, I'm not having trouble with my Nvidia driver, but sometimes when I'm gaming my intel graphics driver crashes. It says that it need to be updated to fix the problem but when I try to update it, it says that my computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for the update. Ive got the y510p as well.

I got the same problem on the same model, is manual update gonna work for me ?