19v 180w power adapter instead of 19.5 for y500?

hannse12

i after testing out my new laptop a bit, i've figured out that the auction i bought it from did not have the appropriate power adapter, as it came with the 120w.

i know some people have bought the alienware/dell slimline psus, and then simply used an adapter, but i would like to know if i can use this adapter that is originally used in the asus g73/53 series. its rated at 19v, and 9.5a, so its got plenty of power, and the adapter is a perfect fit as well.

from what i understand, these power supplies have a certain tolerance of about 5 % +/-, so i should be okay, i just want to make sure before i take the plunge.

also, on a side note, should my processor reach high 90s while gaming? i've even gone up to 103, and its shut off because of it. i will probably repaste it, as it ran out of warranty (literally 4 days after the package arrived :/).

i also had some issues with the boot loop at first, which i know think is partially the overheating issue, as it turns on after i let it cool down.

thanks for any info you guys can give!

I would never take the risk with power adapters. In my experience It may not show any issues for the first couple months but eventually the battery could fry itself or you could have a samsung phone explosion. Just order the exact model from lenovo