Wait for Broadwell CPU for gaming?

nolabeast

I'm thinking about building a gaming desktop. However, I don't want to buy a Z87 motherboard, and then I won't be able to upgrade to the next Intel Broadwell CPU. For gaming purposes, would I see a performance boost with broadwell. My understanding is that the bottleneck for gaming is typically at GPU, so that's why there isn't much difference between i7 and i5 for gaming.

as for my experience of how the future will pan out, new technologies don't always work out 100% when they are released it's only after a few revisions do they get all the kinks out, you could build a great gaming PC with one of the current core i7's have it overclocked to 4.0GHz, any questions on what to build feel free to pm me for my input.

• 5 months later...