Can't figure out FPS spiking

Leo14

Well ever since I did http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/2285-unlocked-throttlestop-alienware-m17x-r3-r4-m18x-r1-r2.html and went into the bios etc and changed the pwr limits etc, I've noticed my fps being lower overall and spiking. I'm going to undo what I did for now and see if that helps, but not really sure why this is hindering performance. Was I supposed to raise the short/max higher then 72?

Have you run a ThrottleStop log file yet while gaming? This will show if your CPU is being throttled. It is hard to figure out a problem if you don't have some numbers to look at. Turn on GPU temperature monitoring as well in ThrottleStop so that data is included in your log.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...
Have you run a ThrottleStop log file yet while gaming? This will show if your CPU is being throttled. It is hard to figure out a problem if you don't have some numbers to look at. Turn on GPU temperature monitoring as well in ThrottleStop so that data is included in your log.

Well this is delayed.. Thanks I will do that,