Y500 SLI has stopped working... help!

IR1

So today I noticed SLI on my Y500 was not working. I am getting the yellow exclamtion on the ultrabay GPU. This sort of happened out of no where it seems. I tried downgrading drivers. I went from 335.23 to 332.21. That didnt fix it.

I took out the ultrabay GPU and put it back, still nothing.

I disabled and re-enabled in device manager. That took away the yellow exclamation and it says the device is working, but Nvidia CP still only reporting one GPU.

I am running the modded vBios on both, but I dont actually overclock the GPU's, except to benchmark, which I havent done in about a month. So I am not sure where or what is going on. Maybe it just died, I dont know. I guess I will have to try restoring to the stock vBios and see if that does it. If anyone has any other suggestions though I would love to hear them.

EDIT!!!

Ok so I went back to stock vBios, and that fixed it... not sure why the modded vBios was causing problems. But I might try flashing again... maybe something got corrupted I have no idea. Very odd.

Ok for those that care, I reflashed the UB 650M back to the modded bios and it works now, and overclocks fine. Not sure why it got all screwy but if you have a similar issue try a reflash.

• 1 month later...

I just experienced the same thing! And solved it the same way. But now I can't overclock anymore then 135MHz. Anyone having the same experience?

[solved] I realized I installed the wrong vbios. Now it works like a charm

Skickat från min PadFone 2 via Tapatalk