Intel AC7260 Bluetooth recognition problem in Y510P

whois

Hi,

I changed my original wlan card in my Y510P notebook to an Intel AC7260 card. The WIFI is working well BUT the Win7 couldn't install the bluetooth driver. It couldn't recognize the bluetooth modul.

Does anyone have idea to solve this problem?

I am using a modified BIOS and I can install the WIFI and the Bluetooth driver/software. The WIFI is working properly but the BT is not. I can connect to my AC access point with 866Mb/s. But the Win7 couldn't recognize the USB device after every startup. I think the unknow device is the BT. I tried to install the BT driver manually but it was failed. Any idea?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, thanks. I am using a modified BIOS and I can use the WIFI card BUT the BT module is not working. I have installed the WIFI and the BT driver/software from Intel.com. I can connect to my AC access point with 866Mb/s. BUT the Win7 send me a message after every startup that it couldn't recignize the USB device. I think the Unknown USB Device is the BT module. I couldn't see the Intel BT device in the device manager.

Any idea?

If a person wanted to find an approved wifi card where can we find them? I spoke with Lenovo today and they said that the 2260 "which mine came with" is the only one they show for my particular serial number and cannot send out a different or better card. He did recommend trying to find a third party vendor that would have the approved cards that are listed in the Hardware Maintenance Manual. So far no luck finding any of the FRU #s listed in it.

Yes, I have to changed the BIOS with "whitelist option" and it can boot with the new WIFI card. BUT I can't use the Bluetooth module (within the card). The notebook or the Win7 can not recognize it. And I am looking the good solution to use the BT without to change the AC7260 card. Maybe a newer BIOS will solve my problem?

I read in another forum that it is possible to change the HW ID of a WiFi card to match that of an approved card. I'm still looking for more details on this.

I believe there is a seperate Bluetooth Driver somewhere on the Intel Support site for the 7260. I was wondering the same thing when I got mine, but since I don't use Bluetooth it wasn't deal breaker. A few months later when upgrading some USB drivers from Intel I happened upon a Bluetooth driver update for the card somewhere. I don't know where it was... you'll have to do some digging.

The way it seems to work (but I could be mistaken) is that there is a wifi driver and a separate Bluetooth driver for the AC7260 card.

Hope this helps!

- Kwaz

Thank you!

I am using the latest driver and the software but it didn't solve the problem.

Maybe the Lenovo will publish a newer BIOS for the Y510P and it can handle the BT module with the latest driver.

Im using the lastest bluetooth driver from intel and it works for me. are you sure you have the right card? because they do sell it without the bluetooth on it as well. just a suggestion to look into.

Credit goes to ratdude747 At Mini Review: Lenovo Ideapad P400 Touch - Core i7M, 8GB, 1TB, 1600x900 Touchscreen, W8 - Page 4 - Badcaps Forums

FYI:

if you do put an intel 7620 card in like I did, to make BT work, you have to tape over pin 51 (rightmost pin on the label side)... and also get the latest driver from intel. I though I had a bad card... but another card later and same issue. A bit of scotch tape and some knifework later... fixed.

Nope, Lenovo will not sell you an upgrade for the wifi card. When I spoke with a rep he said its perfectly fine for me to do the upgrade myself and that it would not void the warranty. Just that I would have to put the old wifi card back in when sending the machine back to them for any warranty issues.

Credit goes to ratdude747 At Mini Review: Lenovo Ideapad P400 Touch - Core i7M, 8GB, 1TB, 1600x900 Touchscreen, W8 - Page 4 - Badcaps Forums

FYI:

if you do put an intel 7620 card in like I did, to make BT work, you have to tape over pin 51 (rightmost pin on the label side)... and also get the latest driver from intel. I though I had a bad card... but another card later and same issue. A bit of scotch tape and some knifework later... fixed.

Hi can you provide some photos of how you made it work. Thank you very much in advance.

If a person wanted to find an approved wifi card where can we find them? I spoke with Lenovo today and they said that the 2260 "which mine came with" is the only one they show for my particular serial number and cannot send out a different or better card. He did recommend trying to find a third party vendor that would have the approved cards that are listed in the Hardware Maintenance Manual. So far no luck finding any of the FRU #s listed in it.

I know you asked some time ago, but... I escalated this very issue through corporate channels and have confirmed that none of the Dual Band cards that are listed in the manual actually exist (or at least are not commercially available.) Over the phone, I had the person I was working with (not just some goober at the other end of an 800 number) check every single FRU. None of them listed are available. So, quite misleading on Lenovo's part, and in conclusion, no "warranty acceptable" way to replace the wifi card with something that supports 5GHz.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...