BIOS TROUBLE and LAN adapter EEPROM need flashing ?

Whag

Wait a second... I just noticed something, must have been to late last night, I totally overlooked something about your system. I think you will be able to flash after all, but I need to take a closer look at things to make sure we don't mess this up.

Please run fpt again, this time with -d m15x.bin and then upload the file here.

Bin is a very vague term... depends on many things how to go on about this.

Another thing I need to know, are you sure the chipset on your board is a final stepping and not pre-production? Cause if it was pre-production flashing a final OEM BIOS might render your system useless.

I just know it's a second hand ore more coming from hong-kong, and have been restored

For the .bin I was talking about the ones I send you of course, I know its only a binary version of whatever you put in ;)

little bump ;)

Did you manage to get something from the files ? I'm still stuck at the same point, found how to flash EEPROM but the bug lasted

and I'm actually not qualified enough to write something myself^^ (but I keep learning )

I'm sorry for the delay, I've been pretty busy. I should be able to upload the stuff later today or tomorrow. Feel free to bump again tomorrow in case I forget.

SVL7,

Serg from MDL recommended I get a hold of you about whitelist remove

Manufacturer: Lenovo

-Motherboard Model: G580 (20157)

-Bios revision: 62CN97WW

-Bios Release: 2013-08-6

-Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS

-Bios Backuo Link: Download LENOVO-62CN97WW.rom from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

-rweverything report Download SMBIOS.rw from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

- Lenovo unpacked Bois Download 62cn97ww_64.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Need whitelist for wifi card removed... THX!

• 3 weeks later...

hello

any news about BIOS things ? I'm upgrading to 940XM in the next few days and I would like to get a 770m but I'd like to be sure ( or close enough ) it'll be doable ;)

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

btw... wich GPU would you recommend at fair price for stable work on UE4/3ds max ? I'm stuck to nvidia because of Physx/CUDA

• 9 months later...
I'm sorry for the delay, I've been pretty busy. I should be able to upload the stuff later today or tomorrow. Feel free to bump again tomorrow in case I forget.

My M15x motherboard died. I ordered one off eBay. I replaced it, and it works... except it has the same BIOS version (version x10). I can't update it to any of the A0X versions. I get the same error as the other person.

Did you ever create a BIOS that fixes this problem?

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

~ Alan Stuart