y510p 750m vbios bricked?

Compuguy

a day ago, I read on a post in the Lenovo forum to update the bios on the 750m to support SLI for windows 8.1 and drivers beyond 335.xx or so. Doing that, I turned off the computer, pulled out my SLI bay and turned it on. then all hell broke loose when I tried to perform a clean install of 355 game ready drivers. as soon as I turned on the computer, it said there wasn't a nvidia video card installed by there was in fact one soldered onboard. device manager shows nothing even after a restart and all I'm left with is the crappy igpu intel 4600hd. any help please? can't RMA cus I picked it up from America and took it apart as well removing the sticker. yes, pretty stupid.

i have the lenovo y500p with gt 750m sli as well.but i dint upgrade to 8.1 yet(quite worried actually) and only flash vbios for windows 8.Also aren't u suppose to leave sli bay inside the system when flashing the bios?

• 2 months later...

not sure if you'll read this, but this is probably a driver problem, unless you installed the new vbios and then pulled the ultrabay card out simultaneously or something weird. i updated the vbios with no issues, though the first time i restarted my y510p after removing the ultrabay video card it did all sorts of weird stuff but eventually if you re-install the nvidia driver it will get itself together. also in my experience a lot of times optimus will hide your dedicated card in some ways and make it harder to see that it's there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...