M18X Cosmetic Modifications Please Post Here

Usually i mod my Alienware's to make them unique but in the case of the M18X is not much i can do because i love the Gunmetal" color so the only thing i tough would be good and protect the machine was this carbon fiber vinyl over the palmrest

I didn't realize how good it feels and look until i install it makes the palmrest a lot better than the stock because is not sticky and there is no more fingerprints all over the place also protect the finish what i think is really important for a lot of people :D

dscn0516y.jpg

dscn0517z.jpg

dscn0518ty.jpg

dscn0519l.jpg

dscn0520.jpg

dscn0521h.jpg

dscn0522l.jpg

dscn0523q.jpg

dscn0524y.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

Nice job speedy. Will removing it cause any damage to the rubber underneath? What about leftover adhesive?

I don't think so if you use a hair dryer and slowly remove the film if some leftover adhesive is left you can use rubbing alcohol

PD: in the worst case you can call DELL and tell them your touch pad stop working :44_002:

Edited by Speedy Gonzalez®
  • Thumbs Up 2

anopther awesome mod speedy, looks friggin awesome man.

Thanks man I am just learning all this stuff about the vinyls and films you know my job is more like Custom paint jobs" and i know you are the Man for vinyl application

I can't see your username because i like my brightness max out and yellow disappears but it won't matter because your avatar talks itself :48_002:

• 3 years later...

I media blasted and powder coated my R2 from Mars Red to Textured Black...

Unlocked mobo

Win 7U 64Bit

3920XM QS/ES quality that is flawless other than being unstable at OC 4.6Ghz or greater. tvBTwEGAHeGeacvuhAqAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

SLI 680M's to OC to 980Mhz/2200Mhz, stable.

16GB Hyper Kingston RAM at 1866mHz

Used traditional as well as ceramic ArcticSilver to cool VRM's on VBoard and CPU.

4X 120SSD RAID 10 (3X sata & 1X msata)

RAT 9 black mouse

PICs:post-5257-14494998489167_thumb.jpg

post-5257-1449499848886_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I media blasted and powder coated my R2 from Mars Red to Textured Black...

Unlocked mobo

Win 7U 64Bit

3920XM QS/ES quality that is flawless other than being unstable at OC 4.6Ghz or greater. tvBTwEGAHeGeacvuhAqAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

SLI 680M's to OC to 980Mhz/2200Mhz, stable.

16GB Hyper Kingston RAM at 1866mHz

Used traditional as well as ceramic ArcticSilver to cool VRM's on VBoard and CPU.

4X 120SSD RAID 10 (3X sata & 1X msata)

RAT 9 black mouse

PICs:[ATTACH=CONFIG]12763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12764[/ATTACH]

Great textured black. I'd love to do that if I could. I am too far way.

To explain the reason why 4.6 or more is not stable for you CPU is because, however high you add voltage on BIOS or XTU the maximum voltage m18x R2 MOBO can handle is 1.501v.

Within that voltage, if your CPU can be stable you can OC. If not stable you cannot OC.

My OEM CPU is stable till 4.7. I can do anything at 4.7. At 4.8 I can pass XTU bench test, but not cinenbench R11.5 or R15.

So it's all about how high your CPU can get with 1.501v.