y510p 750m SLI vs 755m SLI

xxblazerxx1

The 755M is a little better than a 750M SLI, the 755M is just a higher clocked 750M. So you can expect a slight bump in performance (of course, certain games dont work well with 2 GPUs but the 755M alone can give you good performance as well)

From what I have seen, the prices for both are about the same, so I would go with the 755M SLI (if there is a noticeable price gap than get whichever one is cheaper)

GeForce GT 755M SLI

768 @ 980MHz128 Bit @ 5400MHz

GeForce GT 750M SLI

768 @ 967MHz128 Bit @ 2000 - 5000MHz

Yes, only differnce in clocking. Take the GT 755 SLI, because there is a insignificant difference in price ;)

Okay, thanks! I got the 755 SLI, though there seems to be a crashing issue with mines (first time buying a sli laptop) so not quite sure if thats normal. Getting the random error "Kernel Mode Driver stopped and has recovered." Other than that its working great!

The 750M and 755M both use the GF107 chip. They both use the same memory controller. The only difference is that the 755M scored higher during the manufacturer's tests and thus was clocked at a higher speed. If you're comfortable with overclocking you can achieve 755M performance with a 750M, however your system/GPU temps will be slightly for it. If there is a large price difference, I would go for the 750M model, if not, get the 755M.

• 6 months later...