How hot does the y510p get during gaming?

xxblazerxx1

In WoT garage it's "hot as hell" I scored 97C MAX according to the Open hardware monitor and Nvidia Inspector's log temperature in my room is 22C. Temperature in battle is 88C MAX at 30 - 50 Fps on Maximum settings in other games I don't reached more then 88C. Cooling pad will not help! I tried a CM Notepal U3 and it's useless! I tried to remove a back cover and maximal temperature was 82C! The only way to chill this laptop is the way to mode a back cover or remove it))) I'm waiting for a delivery of Coollaboratory Liquid MetalPad to repaste an ultrabay's gpu with it because normal paste do not help in my case... I forgot to tell that built in gpu and cpu didn't come over 75\85C per core in testing. Only problem is overheat of ultrabay's gpu. If some one knows better solution then my please reply!!! Thanks))

After playing Watch_Dogs for about 30 minutes, if you put your hand near the fan outlet and keep it there for like 5 seconds, you'll start to feel pain. It gets seriously hot to the point where it's pretty uncomfortable keeping your fingers on WASD and your left hand will get sweaty.

My sli 750 M - y510p gets really hot, especially when OCing the base and memory clock by +100. I've been reaching temps of 90°C easily when playing AC IV or even counter strike Global Offensive on max settings. Due to the high temps, my cpu ussually stays a max 2.4 GHz. However, sometimes it underclocks itself to 0.77 GHz and that kills my fps. I tend not to overclock the gpus because of this.As for gaming w/o OC, temps remain in the 75+ °C. With cpu running at 2.4 GHz. I try to play with a room temperature of 22°C to help with temps.

• 1 month later...

My 755M SLI gets quite hot when I'm gaming. I haven't tried overclocking yet, but with the CPU running at 2.35GHz, temperatures are around 85°C. They've occasionally hit 95+°C but drop back in a few seconds. I plan on getting a laptop cooler and experimenting with overclocking.

With underclocking CPU/GPUs + Hyperthreading Off + cooling pad + repasted ultrabay + IdeaFan + adaptive vsync my maximum temperatures ~80C in Crysis/Crysis2 if you ask about temperatures inside. BUT, it does get hot on the outside near keyboard, but after repasting ultrabay gpu it does not get hot on the right part of the keyboard anymore.

• 1 month later...
please guys, do not use it on your lap.. except if you will not be needing your balls at all later on =] same goes with mobile phone in your pants pocket ;o

getting a little paranoid, are we?

with the laptop placed in a way it can suck air from the bottom, it won't cause any harm. i personally put it in a way that my feet are spread so that the bottom vent is open.

also about phones in pockets... there's like a million wifi signals already passing through your brain and other body parts as we speak.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Just purchased a coolermaster laptop cooling fan. Temps are noticeably cooler. running only in the upper sixties after multitaskingg and multi installations. Will try gaming soon...

1. Hi, can you do a stress test (Furmark+Prime95) for 20-30 minutes (until the temps are constant) with and without the cooling pad and post screenshots of temps? The same when playing some heavy stuff like BF4 or so?

2. Another request here: when I'm rendering videos with the Y510p i7-4700MQ, the 4 cores (and 8 threads) are at their full speed (almost @3.2GHz), maximum performance. After 1 minute aprox., the CPU temperature reaches 90ºC, and then automatically Intel's Turboboost is deactivated, cause 90ºC is the limit before Turboboost works. If Intel's Turboboost is deactivated, the video is rendered slower. So, I'd like to know if a cooling pad could maintain this i7-4700MQ at its maximum performance in this computer below 90ºC so Intel's Turboboost is always ON even when the CPU is stressed, like when you render videos.

Many thanks!

Without using Precision X to regulate temps, I used to get 80-85 while gaming (Y500, single 750m). It's not ideal, but I found a combination of methods that works for me and has brought my temps down to around 68. I set the max temp to 70ish in Precision X. Then, I enable framelimiting. For games that usually hover in the 30s (Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 3 etc), I set a 30 FPS limit. Along with this, I underclock the VRAM. Did a bit of testing (used the built-in benchmark for Shadow of Mordor). At least with that and a few other games, a 500 mhz VRAM underclock--with Precision X--resulted in a 1-2 FPS drop, which is nothing. But my temps have never gone above 70. I'm running this with core +135 :P

• Thumbs Up 1