Best Thermal Paste

Yeah always had great luck with ICD as well but as Iloveboobs mentions it does scratch the die, I guess only if you have to remove it at some point. There is a list of 80 on the threads been trying to find it here again I read it the other day. Some nice ones over ICD as well.

Edit:

MASSCOOL G751 Thermal Compound - Newegg.com

Shin-Etsu MicroSi G751 by Masscool seems good based on Nando's link here : Thermal Compound/Paste, brands, comparisons and how to apply - Page 3

The 80 compounds compared this one fares well. I don't know if it is non conductive. I guess so looking at it is Aluminum Oxide. Okay I take that back again says here " Appearance: Gray Paste

Application: Injector with cap for easy application and storage. Electrically non-conductive"

80-way Thermal Interface Material Performance Test | Thermal Interface Material,Thermal Paste,Heatsink Compound,80-Way Thermal Interface Material Best Thermal Paste Heatsink Compound Cooling Performance Comparison Benchmark Tests

thanks buddy. i've seen that list too but it pretty old now and a lot of new paste has been release. these is also a new shin-etsu paste thats out too. but that one doesn't have any real reviews and is hard to order. thinking of going out of my comfort zone and trying out that liquid ultra.

thanks buddy. i've seen that list too but it pretty old now and a lot of new paste has been release. these is also a new shin-etsu paste thats out too. but that one doesn't have any real reviews and is hard to order. thinking of going out of my comfort zone and trying out that liquid ultra.

Cool buddy if you go for liquid ultra let us know how you like it and it's performance for you :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought the <label class="product_title">Zalman STG1 Thermal Grease at Frys for $10. You get 10 applications with the bottle, its well rated, good value. Why spend $5-10 on a single use? If you google the testing, this stuff is sufficient for performance cooling. Just re-did the CPU/GPU in my Alienware M14xR2 with it. Only downsie is that Zalman is out of business as of yesterday, so stock up I guess. ;-)</label>

• 2 weeks later...

I had used Mx4, Prolimatech Pk1, ICD24, Coolaboratory Liquid Ultra and Pro. I found best results from Coolaboratory Liquid Pro their older product with Ultra right behind and ICD24 right up there in thermal performance. Currently got my 4940mx and dual 880m cores all with Liquid Pro, temps in last few month since I applied it have not waivered or degraded in performance ever since even with heavy loada from XTU etc. I have a new one to try I won in a HWbot HyperX Hot NA OC Takeover. They are sending me a bundle of products not yet available for placing 6th place. Included is a giant jar of Gelid GC Extreme 10G. I will be glad to report results with it when it arrives and I set up a new rig.

For me, liquid pro was the best and I am using it for about two years.

I dont think anything can match this due to its physiochemical component.

quite a few months in on my Alien 18 with liquid pro on 880m core and 4940mx haswell and I couldnt agree more. Temps have not budged from where they were right after pasting. :awesome:

I used to use Arctic Silver 5 till I found out more about it, now I normally use Gelid GC-Extreme, sometimes Tuniq TX-4. Out of those two I like the GC more, I have noticed lower temps on desktop after changing from TX-4 to GC on my last clean up (by a few degrees on load and a couple degrees while in idle)

what did you found out about it?

i am currently using it on my laptop.. am i making a mistake?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Liquid Metal can of course improve the temperature, but it has some serious downsides. You can't remove it completly, so the cooler and CPU are permanently damaged.

This is important when you consider reselling. Also you need almost perfectly plan surfaces.

Not to mentionthat it's not easy to apply.

Normal paste is the way to go, as it's way easier use. Ruining the cooler and the CPU for a few degrees is not worth it in my opinion. I personally recommend the Prolimatech PK-3

Nutella. Just kidding... or am I?

Seriously, though, throw another vote in for MX-4. It's what I've been using lately, and I like it. It performs well, is easy to use, and has never dried out on me. That said, I rarely leave my hardware alone enough for even the cheapest of pastes to dry out.

As any number of reviews online will tell you, most of the pastes perform within a few degrees within each other. (As well as mayonnaise, mustard, toothpaste, etc performing in the same ballpark as the cheapest options... though those attract insects and dry out immediately) I tend to look for a balance of performance, longevity, ease of use, and cost... which is to say, I buy what's on sale, so long as its performance is within a few degrees of the leading pastes.

• 2 weeks later...

non-metal: Gelid GC Extreme and IC Diamond (with the first being a tad better)

metal: CL Ultra

highest-performing thermal pads: Fujipoly Ultra Extreme (17 W/mK)

affordable high-perf. pads: Phobya XT (7 W/mK)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 2