Can i change from glossy to matte ?

blaze

Don't see why you couldn't. Your best bet to get an appropriate match is to carefully disassemble your screen lid, get the model number from your current screen and find the corresponding matte panel on eBay or something. Should be similar to other 15.6 MSI models.

Hi i got MSI GX660 with 15.6 full HD display. And i'm wondering if i can change it with same but matte display? Can anyone tell model that will fit ?

No need for disassembly, just get hwinfo64 HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download and it will show your display model. I've got a 1920X1080 15,6" matte for your model if you're interested.

Out of curiosity, is the matte version 'dim' in any way? I picked one up a while back and ended up swapping back to the glossy (16f2 model) because the plastic was slightly darker somehow (ie: lightly smoked or something).

I'd rather go matte, but the 'tint' really annoyed me.

Can you post what version you've eventually gone with? Thanks!

Once I've played with hp pavilion dv6 series. There should be not a problem with matte/gloss display. There should be only difference with scaling technology for matte.

To be sure-sure its good to compare the inverter P/N of yours and the notebook from where you take the display. If they are the same or voltage is equal your are done:)

• 2 weeks later...