Alienware 17 modified vBIOS by svl7 and 120hz screen

xian65

Hi Guys,

I've spent countless hours reading this site looking for overclocking methods for my desktop 780's and now 780M in my Alienware 17 and I can't believe how much incredible info is on this site and so finally decided to sign up.

My question is about the modified vBIOS that svl7 posted for the 780M. The post is now up to a few hundred pages and after a few hours of reading I still couldn't find my answer. I would like to know if the 780M vBIOS works with the 120hz 3D panel variant of the Alienware 17 and if it then requires any driver .inf modifications while still retaining the 3D capabilities ?

Ok, further research has shown that it is definitely compatible with the 780M in the AW17 and does require an INF mod. Still not 100% sure on if it supports the 3D panel variant and if the 3D capabilities are retained. Would giving SVL7 a donation to mod the exitsting BIOS of my card solve any of these issues ?

Hi Guys,

I've spent countless hours reading this site looking for overclocking methods for my desktop 780's and now 780M in my Alienware 17 and I can't believe how much incredible info is on this site and so finally decided to sign up.

My question is about the modified vBIOS that svl7 posted for the 780M. The post is now up to a few hundred pages and after a few hours of reading I still couldn't find my answer. I would like to know if the 780M vBIOS works with the 120hz 3D panel variant of the Alienware 17 and if it then requires any driver .inf modifications while still retaining the 3D capabilities ?

thats a good question ;( the 120HZ 3D Display has the intel Graphic deactivated so we only use 780M all day long. I Hope someone has the answer and can help!

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys,

Backup current vBIOS first (unique Kepler ID) and flash unlocked rev02, it's perfectly safe (DOS method) and if 3D doesn't work just flash stock/backup http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...