Alienware m17x gtx780m OC

I haven't flashed my vBios yet but I'm having an issue with my nvidia driver failing when i OC my 780m over 900MHz core and 1350MHz mem. I'll try to run 3dmark firestrike and it stops before the first test is even ran. I'm just wondering if the vBios flash will stop the driver from failing once I exceed 900MHZ.

thanks

Alienware m17x | i7-4700MQ | GTX 780m | 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz

Only thing vBIOS will allow is for more voltage to be applied which may stabilise the overclock but at that frequency it seems more likely that heat is your problem. What sort of temperatures are you seeing when using something like HWINFO or MSI afterburner ? I have a Logitech keyboard with LCD screen attached to my AW17 and use MSI Afterburner to output the temps to the KB LCD and with stock vBIOS and a 100Mhz overclock I see a temp range of around the 80 to 83 degree celsius mark.

I haven't flashed my vBios yet but I'm having an issue with my nvidia driver failing when i OC my 780m over 900MHz core and 1350MHz mem. I'll try to run 3dmark firestrike and it stops before the first test is even ran. I'm just wondering if the vBios flash will stop the driver from failing once I exceed 900MHZ.

thanks

Alienware m17x | i7-4700MQ | GTX 780m | 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz

i heard the new drivers make problems and its what nvidia trying to do i think if you downgrade ur driver u wont have problems...my friend has the same problem he fixed it with a older driver 32x. something you probably use the newest 335.

• 2 weeks later...