GTX 880M 8GB on GT70

Forgottenbhs

I recently (as of yesterday) purchased a GT70 that has the 4800MQ CPU and the GTX880M card. I am not too familiar with MSI laptops but I hear they are very customizable. What are some of the quick things I can do to boost performance on these laptops? I should mention I am very comfortable flashing bios/vBios.

• 2 weeks later...
I recently (as of yesterday) purchased a GT70 that has the 4800MQ CPU and the GTX880M card. I am not too familiar with MSI laptops but I hear they are very customizable. What are some of the quick things I can do to boost performance on these laptops? I should mention I am very comfortable flashing bios/vBios.

Nothing much for now. Like the other user said, wait till the Maestro Svl7 mods and releases the 880m vbios. I think you can overclock your cpu turbo a bit using intel XTU.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

important info for GT70 ivy bridge users with upgraded 880m 8GB:

i tried to upgrade my 880m with the posted oc-bios. upgrade failed! nvflash showed mismatches during upgrade which i think is normal.

windows could not start the device driver for the OC card.

so i downgraded back to the previously saved stock.rom and everything is ok - but without OC :(

if someone is interested to evaluate it - or even better - to switch it in an OC-version - I uploaded my 880m 8GB stock rom in the kepler bios related thread

i tried to upgrade my 880m with the posted oc-bios. upgrade failed! nvflash showed mismatches during upgrade which i think is normal.

so i downgraded back to the previously saved stock.rom and everything is ok - but without OC :(

if someone is interested to evaluate it - or even better - to switch it in an OC-version - I uploaded my 880m 8GB stock rom in the kepler bios related thread

Bump. Seriously cross with this problem. I don't understand the issue here. Can someone shed some light for us?

I have dell card 880m 8gb with dell bios, and i can overclock my card, maybe you should put this bios.

gt70 3610qm and dell gtx880m