[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

Don't know if you're still looking for these, I have a GTX 980m. Seeing an ASIC quality of 71.1% and a VDDC with the render test running for a few minutes of 1.0500 V.

Please set "MAX" VDDC reading and then take a screenshot of both ASIC & sensors readings.

O2jAAWH.png

- - - Updated - - -

@J95 , dont know if im doing it right, stock vbios with sli disable

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15531[/ATTACH]

*SLI Enabled* Try running 3dmark11 "Entry Level" for a few seconds to capture secondary GPU (ASIC 70.2%) VDDC reading.

@tony7755333

ASIC 67.1% 1.062v http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-42.html#post138539

ASIC 70.2%

Thx.

i've problem with metro 2033 redux when i've play it my m17xr4 980m reach 80 c system auto shutdown without warning can i fix it pls advice,i use

350.12 with peg mod prema mod stock clock vbios.

i've problem with metro 2033 redux when i've play it my m17xr4 980m reach 80 c system auto shutdown without warning can i fix it pls advice,i use

350.12 with peg mod prema mod stock clock vbios.

Hey buddy I had similar problem before try these and see if it helps.

Try a different driver and find one that runs well with ur system. (v353.06 peg mod works for me)

Re fash your card with your stock vbios backup (might need to re flash a few times)

And don't forget to use DDU in safe mode everytime you uninstall a GeForce driver.

Hope it helps solve your issue

Tapatalking on Android Blisspop!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you haXBOXpro,I'll try it.

[emoji3] I would also recommend doing a power cycle to hopefully remove any "protection measure" locks currently on gpu. Seems likely if the system shut down suddenly!

I got my 980M from Woodzstack.

M17x R4 with 120hz screen.

post-36623-14495000537496_thumb.png

post-36623-14495000538169_thumb.png

For almost two whole weeks I didn't have a single throttling issue with 352.84

Updated to windows 10 build 10166 + driver 353.17 didn't have any issues for three days.

Today throttling came all of a sudden in games and benchmarks, the core clock + memory keeps going up and down.

rolled back to 352.84 it appears to be better but I lost 8 FPS in performance.

Installed 353.49 HF, here are the readings with Heaven benchmark 4.0 extreme.

post-36623-14495000538614_thumb.png

Obviously, perfcap shows "PWR"

What I find strange is while doing the rendering test with 353.49 I have no throttling issues at all. The core + memory + GPU load = running @ 100%

As soon as I do a benchmark or game it throttles like a b****!!!

Also, when the core and memory speed throttles, GPU load goes up.

(353.84) strange throttling occurred while playing witcher 3. The core clock is running @ 100%

but the issue lies with the memory clock. If I switch back to the desktop (at idle) the memory returns to it's full speed as you can notice at the final seconds in the readings.

Also the voltage is supposed to be running @ 1.030v instead it's 0.9180v.

post-36623-14495000539229_thumb.gif

Cheers

Faiz

• Thumbs Up 1

Does someone know why know my games are throttling? i was using slv7 vbios with any drivers on optimus, games never throttle. Now, after trying PremaMod Vbios, even with slv7 vbios, any drivers are throttling on gta5. My ssd just died so i lost my stock vbios. I don't know if the gpu start dying slowly or something is wrong. :s

After some testing, I found a solution for Windows 10 Build 10240 TDRs w/ v353.49 & v353.50, including XTU permission error.

*7-Zip* "Extract to" desktop.

• First install/enable .NET 3.5 -> Plug in the USB drive with Windows 10 installation files.
    cmd (Admin) -> replace "X" w/ the proper drive letter.
    DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:X:\sources\sxs

• 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' - 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> Reboot

• Install Intel Chipset Drivers v10.0.27 http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Intel/Chipset-Device-Software/Serie-10.x/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-Version-10.0.27-WHQL/
    cmd (Admin)
    cd C:\Users\username\Desktop\Chipset_v10.0.27\SetupChipset.exe

-> Reboot

• Install Intel MEI v11.0.0.1157
    cmd (Admin)
    cd C:\Users\username\Desktop\Intel MEI_v11.0.0.1157\MEISetup.exe

-> Reboot -> F8 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement'.

• Install DirectX SDK (June 2010) *Steam CommonRedist* -> Visual C++ both 32-bit & 64-bit: 12.0, 11.0, 10.0, 9.0 from HERE
  • Install XTU -> XTU-Setup-exe.exe right click "Run as Administrator". Just skip this step if you have never installed XTU before.
    -> Reboot
  • F8 'Safe Mode' uninstall current NV drivers -> DDU "Clean & shutdown" option.
  • F8 -> 'DSE'.
  • Extracted NV driver package -> copy/overwrite nvcvwu.inf -> run setup.exe
    post-3012-14495000541414_thumb.png
    -> Reboot -> F8 'DSE'
  • Install AW OSD, extract w/ 7-Zip -> M18xR2_M17xR4_v0.32.0.8C_A00.EXE
    -> Alienware 18_17_v0.33.0.11C_A01.EXE
    cmd (Admin) e.g. M17xR4
    cd C:\Users\username\Desktop\Application_N9PMP_WN_0.32.0.8C_A00\setup.exe

-> Reboot
    Edit: M18xR2/M17xR4 Compal v1.0.0.4 Win10 driver (below), no need to install OSD. Use have disk method.
    INF MOD v353.50 Windows 10
    nvcvwu.inf: PEG/Dedicated All Models (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX
    nvcvwu.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M
    GeForce_353.50_Intel_MEI_Windows_10_Fix.7z

ql7MJwFh.png

nvcvwu.inf_v353.50_PEG_Dedicated.zip

nvcvwu.inf_v353.50_Optimus_Alienware_17_.zip

Compal_M18xR2_M17xR4_Win10_ACPI_CPL0002_emsc.inf_amd64_94a3608442056097.zip

• Thumbs Up 4

First, Thank you @J95 for all your effort, kudos to you.

Tried 353.50 + build 10240 at first, performance was excellent! As soon as I restarted, throttling came back. What's bothering me is when I close the 3d app (game, bench...) the GPU speeds return to 100% (1038mhz core, 2505mhz memory) with no throttling. :45:

Does someone know why know my games are throttling? i was using slv7 vbios with any drivers on optimus, games never throttle. Now, after trying PremaMod Vbios, even with slv7 vbios, any drivers are throttling on gta5. My ssd just died so i lost my stock vbios. I don't know if the gpu start dying slowly or something is wrong. :s

Prema's site has a copy of the stock vbios that you can download.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So are you guys using Prema vbios now?

Looking at the version 1.1 released when I go to flash it, it's telling me that my cards ID 05AA doesn't match the intended card's ID.

Haven't browsed these forums in a bit since I've been busy.

post-33687-14495000553834_thumb.png

Prema's site has a copy of the stock vbios that you can download.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nice to know thanks! But i discover the game gta5 throotle only when there are lots of cops.. but gpu clocks keep the same so it might be driver or games error. But sometimes, My laptop pop up a message my AC isnt compatible, i got 2 240W here both pop up this weird message sometimes. I got another 240W ac but its not with me. Also after 2-3 reboot, gpu is not recognized in device, i need to shut down the laptop. Otherwize everything is working good. I don't know if these error are related to the 980m or my aw 17 r1 starting dying..

By the way, I forgot to mention that I tested the latest drivers both in Optimus and Dedicated mode.

post-16277-1449500055767_thumb.jpg

353.49 with @J95 modded inf files does not throttle in either mode.

Optimus:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,Alienware M17xR4

Dedicated:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,Alienware M17xR4

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,Alienware M17xR4 (a bit higher clocks)

Hello, I've searched through this topic and I have a question. How can I find out what the latest modded driver for my graphics card is? I have a single 980m in an Alienware 18 right now. I have the 345.20 driver that I downloaded from a post that Mr. Fox posted. Any help on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I tested the latest drivers both in Optimus and Dedicated mode.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15594[/ATTACH]

353.49 with @J95 modded inf files does not throttle in either mode.

Optimus:

Dedicated:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,Alienware M17xR4 (a bit higher clocks)

Are you using stock vbios?

From what I've been experiencing throttling is mainly an issue with SLi systems

Are you using stock vbios?

From what I've been experiencing throttling is mainly an issue with SLi systems

I am using svl7 vbios. These kinds of clocks and scores are unachievable with stock vbios.

I am using svl7 vbios. These kinds of clocks and scores are unachievable with stock vbios.

Of course its not possible on stock. I have only tried Prema's mod and get severe throttling either gaming or benchmarking using various drivers.

Could you please post a link for the sv17 vbios you are using? It would save me time googling lol.

Of course its not possible on stock. I have only tried Prema's mod and get severe throttling either gaming or benchmarking using various drivers.

Could you please post a link for the sv17 vbios you are using? It would save me time googling lol.

Here you go, mate:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/8560-nvidia-maxwell-vbios-mods-900m-series-overclocking-versions.html

• Thumbs Up 1

For every driver i have to overwrite a new inf or can i use the same one for every driver release? Also do i have to copy both the dedicated inf and optimus inf or just the one for the mode ill be using the system in. Sorry, new at this

For every driver i have to overwrite a new inf or can i use the same one for every driver release? Also do i have to copy both the dedicated inf and optimus inf or just the one for the mode ill be using the system in. Sorry, new at this

New inf for every driver release. Your laptop model number would help to advise which inf is required for you. I am using the same for optimus and dedicated on R4.

I have an Alienware 17 r5 mid 2013. Just got the 980m but haven't installed it because I'm still waiting on a triple piped heatsink. I see that there is one inf file for dedicated and one for Optimus. Do I overwrite both or do I just overwrite the one for the mode I'll be running the card in. Also do you guys recommend running in Optimus or dedicated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Alienware 17 r5 mid 2013. Just got the 980m but haven't installed it because I'm still waiting on a triple piped heatsink. I see that there is one inf file for dedicated and one for Optimus. Do I overwrite both or do I just overwrite the one for the mode I'll be running the card in. Also do you guys recommend running in Optimus or dedicated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you only need to overwrite one file, and only the file for the mode you wish to use - so if you want to use optimus then you must overwrite the nvcvi.inf, or if you want to be in dedicated mode or PEG mode then you must overwrite nv_dispf.inf.

you can overwrite both but only the mode that the driver is being installed on will be used so if you installed in dedicated mode it will not install for optimus and vice versa. you have to install for the mode that is currently active.

• J95 pinned this topic