CrystalHD BCM70015 in an Elitebook 2530p ?

Hi all,

The CrystalHD BCM70015 is an hardware HD decoder. I may want to put it within laptop. Does anybody has tried this mod ?

post-18740-14494997338751_thumb.jpg

The 2530p has an available mini-PCIe port when no WWAN card is installed. I used this port to connect a CrystalHD BCM70015 but the card is not detected within bios and consecutively by the OS (Linux here). I suspect a whitelist blocking thing...

My 2530p owns an F13 bios unwhitelisted by Tech Inferno Fan but maybe it is only for WLAN cards ?

I will try to put this card in the WLAN port.

Christophe

Well, I answer to myself...

This card works very well when placed in the WIFI mini-PCIe port. The WWAN mini-PCIe port is definitely whitelisted.

I installed linux drivers and made a couple of tests (I'm using Ubuntu 13.04). I was hoping a drastic reduction of CPU occupation. It is better than the integrated intel GPU but bot outstandly exciting.

Bad idea...

• 3 years later...
On 11/3/2014 at 9:40 PM, Xtof said:

Well, I answer to myself...

This card works very well when placed in the WIFI mini-PCIe port. The WWAN mini-PCIe port is definitely whitelisted.

I installed linux drivers and made a couple of tests (I'm using Ubuntu 13.04). I was hoping a drastic reduction of CPU occupation. It is better than the integrated intel GPU but bot outstandly exciting.

Bad idea...

I used this for years on a netbook and it WAS outstanding, but not on Linux... On Windows I had like 100% usage to 0.5% on 1080p 60fps @ 25 Mbps videos.

You must use MPC-HC to unleash this card. On Linux, was hard for me to setup, and was not very satisfied with the results.

Also, on Windows I had to set the output render to "no copy-back" (old video renderer) because the internal CPU or GPU would process back the image and reduce performance. So I guess on Linux you must do the same thing, but I didn't know how.