Latest version of Boot Camp 5.1.5621 resolve any issues?

M-Low

I just noticed that Apple snuck out a new Boot Camp support software (v 5.1.5621) on 11-Feb-2014.

Wondering if the new support software addressed the many compatibility issues we've seen so far with the eGPU Win8 EFI implementation?

• graphic card issues in Win8
  • audio card issues in Win8

Thank you!

(Also - if anyone has a suggestion on free gpu benchmarking software, please let me know, and I'll post the results on my rig)

I just noticed that Apple snuck out a new Boot Camp support software (v 5.1.5621) on 11-Feb-2014.

Wondering if the new support software addressed the many compatibility issues we've seen so far with the eGPU Win8 EFI implementation?

• graphic card issues in Win8
  • audio card issues in Win8

Thank you!

(Also - if anyone has a suggestion on free gpu benchmarking software, please let me know, and I'll post the results on my rig)

Can't comment if the Bootcamp drivers will help with eGPU compatibility. Though I'd be inclined to try a newer Macbook firmware as a fix since it does the pre-boot pci-e allocation: EFI and SMC firmware updates for Intel-based Macs .

All the eGPU implementation leaderboard results use free benchmarking software: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2109-diy-egpu-experiences-%5Bversion-2-0%5D.html#post27132

Dunno if it's is because of the new Bootcamp Drivers or Win 8.1 but i was able to get buildin sound while GT650m was deactivated.

No news regarding Intel HD 4000 though.

Though I'd be inclined to try a newer Macbook firmware as a fix since it does the pre-boot pci-e allocation: EFI and SMC firmware updates for Intel-based Macs .

Updating EFI Firmware could be dangerous couldn't it? While the system detection can be tricked easy I was and am afraid of doing so. I know it has been done with Mac Pros(2009/2010) in the past. But they were almost identical.

• 2 weeks later...

by the way...

I downloaded the new bootcamp software from Apple Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.564 and it fixed all problems.

No joke - my Intel® Irish Pro Graphics 5200 are working correctly and I have sound natively all in Windows 8 EFI. My eGPU works great as well...

by the way...

I downloaded the new bootcamp software from Apple Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.564 and it fixed all problems.

No joke - my Intel® Irish Pro Graphics 5200 are working correctly and I have sound natively all in Windows 8 EFI. My eGPU works great as well...

Single GPU I guess?

5.1.5640 = 2013 modells

5.1.5621= all previous modells

Yes - to be clear. When I start up Win8 without the eGPU attached, the Iris Pro 5200 boots up (with no problems) and provides sound. When I boot into Win8 with eGPU on, then I only have the single GTX 670. Now my setup is actually portable...