Lenovo y510p ( 4700MQ, 1x GT755M ) - need some guide for underclocking !

Knbai

Hello guys, I've been lurking for the past 30 or so minutes and came to conclusion that I didn't find any instructions anywhere, so I figured I'd register and ask.I'd like to undervolt my y510p CPU ( and if possible GPU ), in some not-so-intensive games like WoW I've been experiencing needless (over?)heating which I'm sure could be solved by dropping voltage a bit ( it's nothing too bad, all i7 cores running on 75 celsius, and GPU running at 77 @ 1.025 v ), and I've been searching for means to do it. If anyone could offer some insight, that'd be great :)

Hello guys, I've been lurking for the past 30 or so minutes and came to conclusion that I didn't find any instructions anywhere, so I figured I'd register and ask.I'd like to undervolt my y510p CPU ( and if possible GPU ), in some not-so-intensive games like WoW I've been experiencing needless (over?)heating which I'm sure could be solved by dropping voltage a bit ( it's nothing too bad, all i7 cores running on 75 celsius, and GPU running at 77 @ 1.025 v ), and I've been searching for means to do it. If anyone could offer some insight, that'd be great :)

I Can Do It For You , If You Want Just Give Me Your Bios I Will Do It For You (GPU) , For The CPU You Will Need Unlocked Bios Then You Can Edit It Manually Through Power Configuration In The Bios , Cheerio

for CPU undervolting you can use intel extreme tuning utility, without any bios modification. Settings will be saved even between restarts

No, You Cant Without Unlocked Bios To Edit Some Settings To Enable The Tweaks of intel extreme tuning utility, Without it all the settings in intel extreme tuning utility will be greyed out and cant be edit :/

for CPU undervolting you can use intel extreme tuning utility, without any bios modification. Settings will be saved even between restarts

Hi @DougQuaid You Were Right Sorry , No Bios Modification Needed , I Tried Y580, Y470p "Bios Modification Needed" , Y410p And Y510p "No Bios Modification Needed" :D

if you dont want to mod the bios and need to lower the heat use throttleStop and set the multiplier lower i use mine at 26T (2600mhz) and temps are about 85-95 gaming 1h+ very CPU intense game (Tera), with that i stoped the throtteling issue, but i want to get lower temps, so im going to use the bios mod to disable HT and see if that help, other thing is repaste the CPU/GPU but you will have to dissarm the laptop almost complete lol and that is my last option