EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
dantistruct

Nvidia GTX 765M Alienware M15x

So I have had my Nvidia GTX 765m installed into my M15x for quite some time now and have been pleased with it ever since. I recently had to reformat my laptop sadly, when I restored windows 8 back onto my laptop. I notice that the gpu isn't installing. I did not try to reflash it or tamper with the Vbios, because I did not want to go there if I don't need to / screw up what was already flashed onto it. I have tried my modded nvidia drivers they don't work. any idea what I can do to solve this? I miss my card and miss using it.

This is the error I get:

post-16078-14494997235747_thumb.jpg

So I have had my Nvidia GTX 765m installed into my M15x for quite some time now and have been pleased with it ever since. I recently had to reformat my laptop sadly, when I restored windows 8 back onto my laptop. I notice that the gpu isn't installing. I did not try to reflash it or tamper with the Vbios, because I did not want to go there if I don't need to / screw up what was already flashed onto it. I have tried my modded nvidia drivers they don't work. any idea what I can do to solve this? I miss my card and miss using it.

This is the error I get:

[ATTACH]10957[/ATTACH]

Already explained this,

- Windows 8 - disable driver signing.

Command Prompt (Admin) Win key + X Type:

bcdedit /set {current} testsigning yes

-> "The operation completed successfully">reboot>Install drivers.

Exit test mode, cmd (admin).

bcdedit /set {current} testsigning no

->reboot.

Next time, open nvdmi.inf (notepad) CTRL+H -> Find What: 05AE Replace With: 02A2 -> Hit replace all -> Save.

First step Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V12.3 first uninstall option (safe mode)

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes i have with no problems, until i restored windows 7 back onto my computer. now i cant update my graphics card drivers and also I would get a white screen on start up unless i disabled intergrated HD Audio in the bios. so yeah :(

Yes i have with no problems, until i restored windows 7 back onto my computer. now i cant update my graphics card drivers and also I would get a white screen on start up unless i disabled intergrated HD Audio in the bios. so yeah :(

For the driver installation see the post of @J95 above.

About the white screen issue - that's just a matter of drivers. Nvidia still didn't fix that, I recommend you send them a bug report.

The issue can be resolved by installing the drivers in the proper order, I got it working on my M15x with the 780m.

• Thumbs Up 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Colt141
      So, I'm facing some issues with a hardware upgrade on an Alienware M17x-R2 model P01E. I've been attempting to get a GTX 765M OC edition card that I pulled from another Alienware to work fully with the system. As of right now I can only boot the system into Windows 7 through safe mode.
      What I've done thus far:
               -Rewrote the INI file to allow Nvidia's drive to install
               -Flashed the vbios from the original to Kepler

Whenever the system tries to boot normally it crashes and the screen changes to a random color, usually pink or black.

If anyone could point me in the right direction to making this work that would be great.

• By Thorgal17
      Hello all.
      I've try to change my gtx 570m to 756m but screen display msi bootscreen and "freeze" finally i've got a black screen.
      I've success push del button before freeze but screen freeze on "enter boot option..." and finally black screen again...
      As i've a HP Zbook with dedicated GPU, i swap quadro with 765m to try vbios flash but i don't understand that the 765m comes with HP ID when i list device with nvflash (10DE, 11E1, 103C, 190A).
      The 765m was detected in hp windows but improperly work (warning in device mngt).
      I've try to flash with a msi vbios (flash success but device ID not change when i listed it again).
      I try again on ms1761 and no screen again but p boot to windows (sound confirmed it).
      Is someone can give me a trick to try before i'll sell it cause i'm losing my patience... thanks for reding me
      PS sorry for my english...
    • By Clearik
      Hello all! I really hope I'm not breaking any rules or anything by doing this, but I have a quick question.
      I'm currently using svl7's 770m inf. file for driver version 320.49 for my Alienware M15x. It works awesomely, and svl7 is a lifesaver, but I've had this particular driver for a good bit over a year now, and I was just wondering if he had maybe released a more up-to-date inf. file for the newer drivers for the 770m for the Alienware M15x.
      I noticed the newer drivers use a inf. file with the name "nvcvi" as opposed to "nvcvn".
      Thanks again everyone for y'all's help!
      P.S. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64x
    • By trollmaster182
      hey guys, new to the forums here.
      so yesterday i traded my Xbox one (i actually bought it for 99 cents last year) for a co workers Alienware m15x, its got the core i7 820qm, 8gb ram, no hard drive (i threw a 500gb sshd in and imaged it) it had a gt 240m (i put a gtx 470m in it). the laptop is kinda beat up and will need a new bottom (like $15 on eBay) but i got the gtx 470m and the laptop for my xbox one so i dont think it was a bad deal.
      i installed the gtx 470m yesterday and it wasnt taking the card so i created a DOS bootable thumb drive and upgraded the bios. And presto she fired right up. i couldnt find the drivers for the card anywhere and the nvidia ones wouldnt work, so i used one of those driver utilities to find the drivers (the program seemed sketchy but it worked). so now i have the right drivers and everything however the card is running really slow, 50mhz clock speed, 135mhz memory clock.
      so thats where im at, im currently moving so i will wait on ordering the parts but i plan to get all new casing and a new keyboard. i tried msi afterburner and i cant adjust the clock speed on the card at all so im considering selling the gtx 470m since dell doesnt support it and getting a gtx 460m.
      I'll try and post some pictures later on tonight, luckily this isnt my main laptop so i can take my time on it (i use an Alienware 17 r5 as my main) anyways, any help with the upgrade would be hugely appreciated, and let me know of any other upgrades i should do to the laptop.
    • By howdy
      Hi guys, i have several question that i want to ask....
      Before i want to upgrade my m15x, i just want to make sure of it
      1. Is nVidia GTX 765M compatible with alienware M15x ?
      2. if its compatible, then what requirement that i need to upgrading my m15x?
      3. will the old X bracket will fit for GTX 765M(and also maybe a guide to remove the old GPU to the new GPU, cause i'm really noob at this)?
      4. and lastly what driver or bios/vbios i need to install it?
      Here is my m15x profile..
      Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
      BIOS: Ver A03 1.00
      Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
      Memory: 4096MB RAM
      Graphic Card : nVdia GTX 260M

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.