Titanfall Discussion Thread

So, who has been playing this here at T|I?

I was able to get in on the beta of Titanfall and downloaded it yesterday. It's a very fun game that is bugged in typical EA style. By default, frame rate is locked to match refresh rate even with v-sync disabled. SLI and CrossFire are not working correctly, but improves using the "Force alternate frame rendering 2" option for NVIDIA. Using one 780M produces more or less exactly the same gameplay experience as two. If you set v-sync in NVIDIA Control Panel to enabled and disable it in-game it helps circumvent the locked frame rate to some extent, but introduces artifacts, screen tearing and jittering that can sometimes be severe. It also sucks that it has no single-player campaign mode.

In spite of it's shortcomings in beta form, it's still a blast to play. As usual, I will be waiting for the price to drop to the $20-$25 range before I would consider purchasing it.

Titanfall Crash Fixes: Locked Framerate, Screen Flickering, Tearing, & Mouse Lag

Here is a video I made highlighting what needs to be fixed. Excuse my noobish death ratio, LOL.

• Founder

I got into the beta but unfortunately could never connect to the game. It would just sit there at the connecting screen and then time out :\ Looks like it runs pretty well on the R2 but I think based on what I see, I'd get bored really fast.

\\

It takes a while to connect. I thought there was a problem the first time or two as well. But, never had a problem other than being patient. It is extremely fun in spite of it's shortcomings. It's like a cross between BF4, Ghosts, Crysis 3 and MechWarrior rolled into one.

• Founder

For me it always timed out, dunno what the problem was but after trying 4-5 times I just gave up and moved on. Since then I've been playing Oblivion mode in BF4 on a server that prohibits sniper/dmr and it's been a blast! You should join me sometime!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Started Titanfall yesterday. It really is fun. It is a very interesting style to play against bots and real players at the same time.

Things i like about the game:

- Short round timer

- Fast unlocking

- I started it and it immediately made tons of fun

Things to optimize:

- performance! It needs a lot of Hardware to run smooth.