Screen/graphics card problem? or....

Ironpino

Since today my normally good working Alienware M17x r4 is acting weird

Never had any problems before.

Problem that I have is that I see allot of white moving stripes on my screen. They are moving. The performance is still good in BF4 and also in other games.

Check the link for a photo: https://imageshack.com/i/mvaidhj

specs;

Alienware M17x r4

Windows 8.1

Intel Core i7-3610QM

2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M

The geforce driver has been updated to the latest version (1.6.1.0), I have tried already an older version, same results. The intel HD graphics card is also fully updated, when I select this card to run on I get the same results.

But when I send the display though the HDMI-out to the screen on my tv, the screen is perfect.

When I use the HDMI-in to see the screen of my PS4 on my laptopscreen, its also perfect.

So the laptopscreen is working but it somehow looks like the laptop graphics card are not communicating well with the screen (but they do well with the HDMI out to my tv screen). I don't have much hardware experience so I hope that somebody can help me out.

Sorry for my bad English. But its not my first language.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...