Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Rhadamanthis

Msi GT78X Series Upgrade To Nvidia 870M/880M GTX

Hello guys, we are now that the series msi gt780/783 that came with the graphics card "fermi" is compatible with the GTX 770M series kepler.

Because I would not kill him, I wanted to know if information is possibly compatible with the GTX 870M/880m gtx

Hello guys, we are now that the series msi gt780/783 that came with the graphics card "fermi" is compatible with the GTX 770M series kepler.

Because I would not kill him, I wanted to know if information is possibly compatible with the GTX 870M/880m gtx

The performance of 780m and 880m is completely identical. It is just a rebrand to get more money by increasing the clocks a bit and not actually doing anything to make a better card. I would just get a 780m instead of the 880m.

870m gtx confirm 6 gb ram, but 1344 shaders, 24 rops/ 112 tmu, 192 bit interface, 941 clock, 1250 mhz memory and 967 mhz boost. is not a 770m gtx rebrand :((((((((((((((((((((((

860m gtx have same shaders 770m gtx but 128 bit memory interface

870m gtx confirm 6 gb ram, but 1344 shaders, 24 rops/ 112 tmu, 192 bit interface, 941 clock, 1250 mhz memory and 967 mhz boost. is not a 770m gtx rebrand :((((((((((((((((((((((

860m gtx have same shaders 770m gtx but 128 bit memory interface

gtx 770m is based on gtx 670mx. 870m looks like it is based on the 680m

880M will most likely not work in gt780 or gt683 (1761, 16F2).

880M will most likely not work in gt780 or gt683 (1761, 16F2).

No big loss as long as 780m works. But what about gt70 (ms1762)?

Think that 860m/870m work

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 con Tapatalk 2

They might but maybe just some vendors like the case with 770m.

- - - Updated - - -

No big loss as long as 780m works. But what about gt70 (ms1762)?

Afaik it doesn't.

They might but maybe just some vendors like the case with 770m.

- - - Updated - - -

Afaik it doesn't.

What about the ms1763?

What about the ms1763?

Do you mean 780m or 880m? 780m works, and I think 880m will too.

bump anyone can send me a 970m gtx for test if working with msi gt780?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Try looking for one next month or in December. supply of Nvidia cards is sufficient enough only to cater to OEM companies like Alienware, Sager/Clevo, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus etc....

If you really want to test this card to your Notebook, you can find one in Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay. Merchant's there sell it for almost 1k USD.. Then you can report to this thread the results

Try looking for one next month or in December. supply of Nvidia cards is sufficient enough only to cater to OEM companies like Alienware, Sager/Clevo, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus etc....

If you really want to test this card to your Notebook, you can find one in Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay. Merchant's there sell it for almost 1k USD.. Then you can report to this thread the results

I'd also LOVE to know whether 970m/980m works in GT780 ... sandy bridge series using HM67 ...

So far, 770M is the best (nvidia) card we can get... if one of these two worked, I'd be so happy :)

Can anyone who has successfully done the GTX 770M transplant fill me in on whether or not I need to mod my heatsink? I've got a line on a 770M for a good price and I'd like to pull the trigger on it.