GT70 (ibuypower cz-17) upgrade 675m to 770m help

GhostScout42

Does anyone know how to upgrade the ibuypower cz-17? it uses the ms-1762 mobo, the model is a gt70. i currently have a gtx675m 4gb that nvidia kindly destroyed with thier ...less than admiral..... drivers a while back. i attempted to put a 770m in, thinking it would be no problem, however once i did, when i turned it on, the screen was in 8bit resolution. colors were distorted, screen was zoomed way in, and windows did not detect the 770m at all, not matter what driver i put in. no, i have not tried using modded inf files, mostly because i have no idea where to start with that. i have been dredging the web for weeks now, to no avail. please help!

thanks, in advance!! =)

Does anyone know how to upgrade the ibuypower cz-17? it uses the ms-1762 mobo, the model is a gt70. i currently have a gtx675m 4gb that nvidia kindly destroyed with thier ...less than admiral..... drivers a while back. i attempted to put a 770m in, thinking it would be no problem, however once i did, when i turned it on, the screen was in 8bit resolution. colors were distorted, screen was zoomed way in, and windows did not detect the 770m at all, not matter what driver i put in. no, i have not tried using modded inf files, mostly because i have no idea where to start with that. i have been dredging the web for weeks now, to no avail. please help!

thanks, in advance!! =)

I'm pretty sure the gtx 770m doesn't work in the 1762, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• 2 months later...

Have you used nvflash to verify that the GTX770m VGA card is working correctly or even gpu-z. If either of them pick the GPU up just flash the GTX770M slv7 msi bios and it will work without driver mods. Msi laptops sometimes requires a msi subvendor I'd in order to work.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...