EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

Hi all,

I am new here, so I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section. Also, I realise this question has been asked before, but all of the other threads are really old.

So, my issue. I flashed the unlocked A08 bios with sata fix and everything worked brilliantly. Then, in my infinite wisdom I turned on UEFI mode in BIOS to see what would happen. What happened is it rebooted with 8 beeps (no screen) everytime I turned on. I looked at the other forums and did the whole usb recovery thing, however, I believed it was taking to long so I turned the computer off after the computer rebooted and beeped 7 times (cpu error). I tried taking out the CMOS to no avail. Now when I try the recovery USB the usb never seems to be loaded (light never comes on). Any ideas?

Thanks for all the help, and sorry for any mistakes I have no doubt made.

Hi all,

I am new here, so I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section. Also, I realise this question has been asked before, but all of the other threads are really old.

So, my issue. I flashed the unlocked A08 bios with sata fix and everything worked brilliantly. Then, in my infinite wisdom I turned on UEFI mode in BIOS to see what would happen. What happened is it rebooted with 8 beeps (no screen) everytime I turned on. I looked at the other forums and did the whole usb recovery thing, however, I believed it was taking to long so I turned the computer off after the computer rebooted and beeped 7 times (cpu error). I tried taking out the CMOS to no avail. Now when I try the recovery USB the usb never seems to be loaded (light never comes on). Any ideas?

Thanks for all the help, and sorry for any mistakes I have no doubt made.

you have followed this guide link

ciao :Banane49:

I have followed that thread. That was the point at where my beep number changed and now it does not read any usb device... Does this mean i've killed it? Thanks again

I have followed that thread. That was the point at where my beep number changed and now it does not read any usb device... Does this mean i've killed it? Thanks again

I do not know what to tell you, I also installed the bios mod. then I made ​​changes without knowing what I was doing, and the M14x R1 would not start. I followed that procedure and I put the original bios and then it started.

Your M14x is still under warranty? if yes, call for service and tell them that you put the bios A08 (do not tell him of the bios mod) and you do it repaired.

Ciao :)

Its not under warranty... Bugger. I'll keep trying. Know how much dell would charge to fix out of warranty? Thanks for all your help NfroceRaid! :)

No its just under 2 haha! However, I called Dell and asked, and they told me I couldnt. Should I kick up a fuss? I did buy from dell outlet... If that makes a difference

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this website also. I hope this is OK to post this message here. I'm thinking about getting an SSD for my M14X R1. I didn't realize the computer didn't recognize SATA 3 with the A08 BIOS until I read about it a few days ago on the Internet (I currently have the A08 BIOS; 2760QM CPU; 8GB of RAM; 3 GB DDR3 Nvidia GeForce 555 video card; Windows 7 Home Premium). With that being said, and the subject in this forum, is it worth the risk in upgrading my BIOS to A08 Unlocked in order to get the full speed of the SSD? Opinions would be appreciated in making this decision. I hate the thought of buying a new drive and it only running at SATA 2 speed.

Thanks

P.S. My computer is also out of warranty.

@Setuptech1 and @daviddoeschl I am in the same boat..I just installed my SSD and am only getting Sata2 speeds. @daviddoeschl you stated that u flashed the bios and everything was brilliant yet? Then you messed it up after. My worry is that if I try this flash my pc will BSOD and have startup issues..it runs fine now just not at Sata3 potential?? Should I use the mod?