ASUS G46VW Overclocking

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and I purchased the ASUS G46VW with the Intel® Core™ i5 3230M /3210M Processor and the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM. I bought it about a year ago for gaming puposes while I was deployed to Afghanistan. Now I do have a really good knowledge of computers but im no means a major geek with computers. I was wanting to get the most out of my computer and wanted to unlock the advance bios features in order to overclock the processor and video card. Could some please help me.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and I purchased the ASUS G46VW with the Intel® Core™ i5 3230M /3210M Processor and the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM. I bought it about a year ago for gaming puposes while I was deployed to Afghanistan. Now I do have a really good knowledge of computers but im no means a major geek with computers. I was wanting to get the most out of my computer and wanted to unlock the advance bios features in order to overclock the processor and video card. Could some please help me.

I never did OC my CPU but I have for my GPU. There are two ways of doing it, one is where you use NVIDIA Inspector and add some extra lines in the target for the settings you make for it (basically the .bat or whatever file that is used to toggle into OC or whatever you want). The limitation is that you can only go so far before the computer crashes because of the limitation of the vBIOS. The vBIOS is a BIOS (as it sounds) dedicated for your GPU model, GTX 660m. There are a few forum posts here that actually have the unlocked/modded vBIOS so you can hit higher core clocks then without it. So in junction, it depends how far you want to OC that card. As for the CPU, you might need someone better with that stuff as I have never done that before.

• 1 year later...