Best (In your opinion) keyboard with illumination.

DjVirusPL

I don't have any illuminated keyboard right now (exept built in on my laptop), but I can recommand Logitech. I was very happy with Logitech UltraX Premium for few years. As I spoke with people all recommand me Logitech Illuminated Keyboard as continue of UltraX series.

But id depends on keyborad type. If you prefere laptop keys (scissor) or standard membrane.

I've been using logitech g15 for 3 years now, and it's still going strong. I do believe they've come out with a few revisions of the board since, but i've fallen in love with the mechanical key like press, and honestly, any keyboard that can last more than 6 months in my hands, is built to last. I game hard, and button mashing is constant. haha!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I could vouch for the Ducky Shine 3, or any mechanical keyboard really (does Filco have illuminated keyboards? Not that I see). Definitely opt for a mechanical if you've never had the satisfaction of using one, finding one like the Ducky that's illuminated is even better! Though, they do seem quite rare, I don't mind either way.

I use a Logitech G510 mainly for the display to see the time in game and/or monitor CPU and GPU statistics but i think it has a space bar defect (all of them) sometime's it does not register, you can no doubt get better if displays don't bother you like Razer and Corsair products they tend to be extremely good but pricey.

Has anyone tried the Matias brand of mechanical keyboards? It looks like they have released some new "alps" clone switches that have me intrigued. I am still using and old dell at101w that has the alps black switches.

• 3 weeks later...

Mechanical keyboards are pretty satisfying to type on but it can be an acquired taste. Their build quality is fantastic and their lighting also reflects it on certain keyboards but the drawback is price. You are paying a premium for these features. I'd recommend the Cooler Master Storm QuickFire XT as you have choices between switches and lighting.

Logitech Wireless Keyboard K800. I've been using it for gaming and work for over 2 years now. I had no issue whatsoever with gaming at all and the games that I've played is WoW, Call of Duty, Diablo 3, Metro Last Light and a bunch of other games.

If money is no object, then the ducky shine 3 has really good build quality and multiple illumination modes (more than you would really need). Also comes in most of the Cherry MX switch types. I personally would never buy another rubber dome keyboard after getting this with MX blues.

I will recommend Logitech K810 for Windows and K811 for Mac. They both have proximity sensors that detect closing in hands and automatically light up the keys, and turn off in idle. The only draw back is that they are bluetooth based (although you may consider it as a pro if you intent to used it on phones and tablets as well) and don't come with a numpad (also may be considered as a pro for size reduction). If budget is of no concern, you may even try the newly released K830, with a touchpad assembled on the left side.

I only recommended logitech because those three were the only trustworthy wireless backlit keyboards, other brands' products reportedly suffers low battery capacity (3-hour use time was reported) and bad connection (Delayed response, random disconnection, re-pairing of bluetooth link every time after resuming from idle status etc...).

Me myself recently ordered a periboard 808 from Taobao (Chinese version of Ebay+Amazon), a new model just released by Perixx. It is 1/3 of the logitech's price, but with no customer feedback or reviews available yet. I am going to post about it later this week once the shipment arrives.

• 1 month later...

As a couple of people have already said here, I would recommend a Corsair K70. I love the amazing build quality of it and how it feels so sturdy! I originally wanted it because it is a mechanical keyboard, and people say that they're good for typing on. Fast forward four months and to be honest I wouldn't settle for any keyboard that isn't mechanical any more.

• 1 month later...

I'd have to say the Razer keyboards are my favorite. Especially the new line of Razer Blackwidows. They have somewhere around 12 stages of backlighting. Of course, it's only green. That is soon to change with the Razer Chroma Blackwidow though... Multi color backlighting like the Corsair RGB mechanical keyboard.

There's a whoooooooooooooole lot of illuminated keyboards... You need a price range for any of us to provide you anything specific. In the $100 range you have stuff like Logitech and Razer, but you can get Ducky's and keyboards like that for $300-$400. Then there's el cheapo keyboards in the bargain bin that are also illuminated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had a G15 1st gen keyboard since the year it came out. It's never died on me, but over time keys wore off and turned light up blue, and I've replaced the upper part of it with the upper parts and keys from a couple of dead G15's customers recycled at my work. It's still going strong after those 3 rebuilds and a few times through the dishwasher. I can't help but recommend the Logitech gaming keyboards. Looking at their current offerings in the gaming area, they have mechanical keyboards now, I may just have to replace my trusty old G15 with something a little newer, mechanical, and more capable...

I love the old mechanical keyboards, like the Keytronic ones from the late 90's, but who uses PS2 anymore? lol

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been using the Logitech K740 illuminated keyboard for over 5 years, it is still holding up strong. None of the keys are worn away even with heavy use and gaming. The only downside to the keyboard is that it is almost like a laptop keyboard in that there isn't a whole lot of travel in the keys.