Bricked Clevo 7970m

Hey @all

i am Daniel and i come from germany and bricked my cleco 7970m with a wrong dell Bios. It is a version 1.1 card and the plan was to use it in my p150hm. With the default clevo 7970m enduro off bios i wasnt able to install a card driver so i decided to use a dell bios. But i think i updaded a wrong 7970m dell vbio. Can anybodey from germany reflash my card?

With best regards

Daniel

I patched the right 7970m to one of my old damaged 6970m. I desolderd the chip of the 6970 whitch is the same as on the 7970m last step would be solder the 6970m bioschip on the 7970m but iam afraid to do this. Because desoldering is very difficult.

Hi Daniel,

if you laptop can do the post you can try a blind flash, if not you have to change physically the bios chip, Svl7 can help you to obtain the chip and if you are good with soldering it's a 15 min job.

• 1 year later...