Does anyone have experience with this?
Some threads I've seen have done it on a 17 inch laptop, I was wondering if it was possible on the 15 inch version as well.
What issues will I face? I read about having to have a custom BIOS and vBIOS..but also HDMI/audio issues.
I guess I should also upgrade my CPU, which runs really hot (i7 4800MQ), but not sure another Haswell chip will run any cooler.
I've used liquid metal and even that hasn't changed temperatures much, it still reaches 93C pretty easily.
I own gx740 with i5-430m, 4GB RAM, and I planned to do some upgrades.
Currently I did:
- upgrade SSD, move HDD to dvd drive space
- have some unlocked bios (but didn't found usage for it currently)
- have modified vbios but not sure if the values I've used are good
I was thinking about:
- upgrading CPU to i7-640M
- upgrading RAM (not sure which will fit)
I would like to also:
- fix broken/cracked frame around screen, but it wont be easy and cheap I guess?
- replace screen to something brighter (?) but this will probably not be worth the cost
1) What do you guys think about it? Is it even worth?
2) I've also see something like 'grain effect' moving grey stripes on same page elements (long time I remember it could be related to faulty bios/vbios)?
Thanks for this incredible forum, I hope I will learn a lot from the gurus !
I am trying to make my eGpu MSI GT X970 work on my laptop with K1100M integrated GPU.
This are my specs:
CPU: 2.7GHz Intel Core i7-4800MQ (quad-core, 6MB cache, up to 3.7GHz with Turbo Boost) PSU : ??? Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro K1100M / Intel HD Graphics 4600 RAM: 32 GB Storage: 1TB
I got a V8.0 EXP GDC Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock with the express card version ( I am not really hw savy) and I am looking for a good psu to power my MSI GTX 970 4G
Could you kindly suggest a good PSU that i could use to power this GPU ? I am also willing to do as many experiments needed
Thanks for reading my post