I have a Clevo P370EM3 laptop with a pair of GTX 680Ms in SLI mode and have never been able to get Linux to work properly with full acceleration and without tearing. I have tried every xorg config I can find, and even all the modifications from the nvidia configurator to no avail. Has anyone been able to get these things to work 100% in Linux? I have typically used ubuntu based distros, including Mint, and every available driver version from the repositories, but can never get it to work quite right.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide. It is killing me to run Windows on this machine because of these issues, and I am almost to the point of installing the inferior 7970 cards.
Have a great day
Hello, I'm on an alienware m17 r4 and am trying mod my vbios for a 970m 3GB msi. I've managed to get the max boost with an increase in voltage, however I believe my voltage settings maybe unstable. When attempting to load programs capable of high gpu usage capabilities, the gpu begins to become pretty unstable. would anyone be able to provide assistance? I have both my edited and original roms as well.
I'm not sure how to delete this thread but disregard this please. I've figured out the issue.
Does anyone have experience with this?
Some threads I've seen have done it on a 17 inch laptop, I was wondering if it was possible on the 15 inch version as well.
What issues will I face? I read about having to have a custom BIOS and vBIOS..but also HDMI/audio issues.
I guess I should also upgrade my CPU, which runs really hot (i7 4800MQ), but not sure another Haswell chip will run any cooler.
I've used liquid metal and even that hasn't changed temperatures much, it still reaches 93C pretty easily.
I own gx740 with i5-430m, 4GB RAM, and I planned to do some upgrades.
Currently I did:
- upgrade SSD, move HDD to dvd drive space
- have some unlocked bios (but didn't found usage for it currently)
- have modified vbios but not sure if the values I've used are good
I was thinking about:
- upgrading CPU to i7-640M
- upgrading RAM (not sure which will fit)
I would like to also:
- fix broken/cracked frame around screen, but it wont be easy and cheap I guess?
- replace screen to something brighter (?) but this will probably not be worth the cost
1) What do you guys think about it? Is it even worth?
2) I've also see something like 'grain effect' moving grey stripes on same page elements (long time I remember it could be related to faulty bios/vbios)?