Audio

sethmwilliams

Not sure if this is just mine or if it's the laptop but, on my Y510P when I plug in my headset the sound doesn't automatically switch over to play through the headset I have to manually go into the Audio management and change it. So the question is, is this just my machine only or is it a wide spread thing and any suggestions how to fix this? It's not a huge deal but, it is a little annoying.

Mine does it by default, but the headset I use is USB. I do notice that some games and mumble seem to not automatically switch. Basically, I have just gotten used to going into the playback and recording devices settings and picking which one I want. It gives you a lot of options such as to use the headset microphone, but computer speakers.

That's how everyones machines are. You always have to manually change your default audio devices when plugging them in.

I didn't know this was a thing... when I plug in my headphones to my y500 the audio switches over to them automatically no matter what's playing... youtube, vlc, games, etc. When I unplug them the speakers take over automatically...

Is it because I've disabled the three Realtek processes from starting with Windows (HD Audio Background Process, RTFTrack, and Realtek HD Audio Manager)? Are there any downsides to doing this? I haven't noticed any degraded audio quality but then my ears aren't as good as they used to be.