ACER V3 772G bios for overpassing 135mhz overlock limit

dumitrumitu

• Bios Modder
wasseruhr said:
Hi, I am so sorry, but it does not work in spite of flashing the modified bios.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11552[/ATTACH]

As you can see, your vbios is 80.06.51.00.35 (not 80.06.51.00.1F).

In your case vbios is a part of main system bios. I make for you mod main system bios for your laptop (based on your unlocked bios). Flash it.

• Bios Modder

As you can see vbios is modded. Core frequency 1006 and memory frequency 1200 (4800). Click to the small icon "?" in the GPU-Z window and run 3D test window. Then set second page(Sensors) in GPU-Z and look the frequency.

And update your Nvidia drivers to last version from the Nvidia website. Your driver too old.

- - - Updated - - -

Try flash this version of system bios.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, you can't just flash the modified backup of anyone, you'll lose your serial nr and your windows activation...

When I have time I'll make a proper mod. Trying to catch up on all the requests.

• Bios Modder
Guys, you can't just flash the modified backup of anyone, you'll lose your serial nr and your windows activation...

When I have time I'll make a proper mod. Trying to catch up on all the requests.

Hi! Of course you right, but wasseruhr have his native backup of system bios, and we can make mod bios (of course only for his laptop).

• Thumbs Up 1

@slv7: Danke, dass du daran geacht hast. Das habe ich glücklicherweise beachtet. ;)

@Klem: I have tested your modified bios (Acer3 and Acer4). At first I updated my grafic driver. Now, gpu-z and Nvidia Inspector displays the clocks correct. But, if I start a benchmark programm, the grafic driver crash. I need to reduce the memory and the base clock a little bit. But now....it works !!! Am I need to increase the voltage offset a little(!!!) bit for no more crashes?

How can I ever thank you? Thank you so much for your fast help and your great effort!. Please give me your Paypal ID, so I can value your help with some coffees :D

post-25911-14494997583831_thumb.jpg

post-25911-14494997583043_thumb.png

post-25911-14494997583382_thumb.jpg

@Klem: I tried many different clocks, I took lower clocks than you, but my laptop shut down after a few minutes with Stress test ( furmark and heaven Benchmark). Whats the Problem? I took a selfmade external cooler, so the Temperature was not higher than 65 degree Celsius.

Hope you can help me. Ps: (I transfered some money to paypal, but it will take a few days, until it's on the paypal Account).

Greets

EDIT: I tested the maximum stable base clock offset and memory clock offset. But beware: You need take another external monitor (HDMI, vga), because otherwise there is not enough power for all.

The benchmark programms I used for this tests were: Furmark, and Heaven Benchmark.

Additional you need some control programms, for example: CPU-Z, HwMonitor to keep a watch on the temperature.

What you really need for this overclocking: an external cooler, because otherwise your notebook is going to become really fast extremly hot, which could damage your hardware.

Good luck!

This are my tested most stable clocks, with increased core voltage and external monitor.

post-25911-14494997590583_thumb.jpg

@Klem: How much do you want for your great work?

• Bios Modder
EDIT: I tested the maximum stable base clock offset and memory clock offset. But beware: You need take another external monitor (HDMI, vga), because otherwise there is not enough power for all.

The benchmark programms I used for this tests were: Furmark, and Heaven Benchmark.

Additional you need some control programms, for example: CPU-Z, HwMonitor to keep a watch on the temperature.

What you really need for this overclocking: an external cooler, because otherwise your notebook is going to become really fast extremly hot, which could damage your hardware.

Good luck!

This are my tested most stable clocks, with increased core voltage and external monitor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11578[/ATTACH]

@Klem: How much do you want for your great work?

This is not a payment, it's just a donation. At your discretion.

- - - Updated - - -

ks

Thank, for OC the gpu over 135mhz i just flash the Bios you post and use nvidiaspector or i have also to mod the vbios of my GPU? Here is original bios linkf the 760 of GK106.rom

For OC GPU over 135, you need only flash my mod bios.

This is not a payment, it's just a donation. At your discretion.

- - - Updated - - -

For OC GPU over 135, you need only flash my mod bios.

Hi Klem, I spent you 15 dollars for your great work, I hope thats enough.

One question: How can I check the required power of the notebook with a programm? Because if I overclock it to much, the notebook shut down.

And can I use a power supply from an other manufacturer?

Thank you for your help. greets

• Bios Modder
wasseruhr said:
Hi Klem, I spent you 15 dollars for your great work, I hope thats enough.

One question: How can I check the required power of the notebook with a programm? Because if I overclock it to much, the notebook shut down.

And can I use a power supply from an other manufacturer?

Thank you for your help. greets

Received it. Thank you! I dont know what the program can monitoring all power of laptop. I know it is possible with power control device. Of course you can use another power adapter(with more power) from another laptop, but you need choice it with correct voltage and connector (the same as your native connector from Acer).

• Thumbs Up 1

Recieved it. Thank you! I dont know what the program can monitoring all power of laptop. I know it is possible with power control device. Of course you can use another power adapter(with more power) from another laptop, but you need choice it with correct voltage and connector (the same as your native connector from Acer).

Hi, i used a power meter with a tolerance of +-1%. VOLTCRAFT Energy Check 3000 Energiekosten-Messgerät, Speicherfunktion mit Langzeitüberwachung LCD 0,001 - 9999 kWh 2376 im Conrad Online Shop | 125330

The maximum required power was 110W. My power supply supply maximum 120W. Nevertheless my notebook shutdown.

What could be the reason for this ?:disturbed:

Thank you for your help

• Bios Modder
Hi, i used a power meter with a tolerance of +-1%. VOLTCRAFT Energy Check 3000 Energiekosten-Messgerät, Speicherfunktion mit Langzeitüberwachung LCD 0,001 - 9999 kWh 2376 im Conrad Online Shop | 125330

The maximum required power was 110W. My power supply supply maximum 120W. Nevertheless my notebook shutdown.

What could be the reason for this ?:disturbed:

Thank you for your help

I think that you should try to use a more powerful power supply. For example 150W or 180W.

I think that you should try to use a more powerful power supply. For example 150W or 180W.

I think too. I have scoured several technical forums, where the same error was occurred because of a to weak power supply.

Unfortunately I have not found a stronger power supply with the same plug. I need a plug with the dimensions: 2.5 *1.7mm

post-25911-14494997599374_thumb.jpg

An do you think , if i need an other power supply from an other company and solder on the required plug, it could work?

Because some companys (for example dell and hp) use impudent tricks to protect their notebooks from not original (hp, dell) power supplys. Other power supplys would not work.

Greets

• Bios Modder

I think you can use other power supply from an other company and solder on the required connector without any problems.

• Bios Modder
I appologize about the stupid question, but which utility should we use to update the system bios with your modified AcerV.rom? Thank you very much Klem

Do not try flash it! You can't use this modified bios, you'll lose your serial nr, mac adresses and your windows activation keys. This mod bios based on the native backup from chrono86 laptop, and it is only for his laptop.