ACER V3 772G bios for overpassing 135mhz overlock limit

dumitrumitu

Do not try flash it! You can't use this modified bios, you'll lose your serial nr, mac adresses and your windows activation keys. This mod bios based on the native backup from chrono86 laptop, and it is only for his laptop.

I appreciate your concern Klem, but this is a risk I have to take, because I can't get to sleep if I don't overcome that 135mhz limitation. I just bought this laptop three days ago and the only thing that I am concerned about is the lack of overclocking capabilities. I don't care about the windows activation or the Mac address. I can change the Mac address to my old one with the Dmi236.exe software right? And then I can activate my windows with an activator? What else could go wrong? And then again I'm asking what utility should I use to flash it. You seem to be the only person who could help me at the moment, thank you so much for your help! Спаси́бо

• Bios Modder
I appreciate your concern Klem, but this is a risk I have to take, because I can't get to sleep if I don't overcome that 135mhz limitation. I just bought this laptop three days ago and the only thing that I am concerned about is the lack of overclocking capabilities. I don't care about the windows activation or the Mac address. I can change the Mac address to my old one with the Dmi236.exe software right? And then I can activate my windows with an activator? What else could go wrong? And then again I'm asking what utility should I use to flash it. You seem to be the only person who could help me at the moment, thank you so much for your help! Спаси́бо

Read carrefuly this thread: Acer Aspire V3-772G variables for setup_var decompiled

AcerV.rom you need rename to VA70HWX64.fd

Can't agree any more :D, its been an year for me. Going for the flash right away. Post results of the stable clocked card later.

Do you guys think i can mod a dell xps1730 240W charger for the Acer ?

HEY LOOKS LIKE I MISSED A LOT GOOD THINGS :)...sorry guys i had many obligations on college..so someone actually has overclock the gpu..i dont know much about flashing bios or gpu..could someone help me?mine bios version is 80.06.51.00.1F..watch dogs nears and i would be happy if i get a bit boost..which file should i use?and what command lines to type for succesfully flashing?Thanks :)

I flashed the system bios acerV.rom using FPT 9.5 tool (which was hard to find actually as the first one i tried didnt let me backup or flash, it said "Error 201: [FPTw64.exe] cannot be run on the current platform.", but anyway the one i am attaching worked just fine under windows 8)

The FPT tool automatically backs up the bios ones u start the .exe file so no need to manually backup, anyway for backup just use the "-d" instead of "-f" command.

You need to use this command in cmd under 64 bit windows as admin for flashing. (remember to browse the folder where it was extracted, probably (c:\BACK))

fpt64 -f acerV.rom -BIOS

I confirm many many new settings in bios the (most exiting one is the cpu overclocking page ofc :D), so let the google hunting begin :)

post-17906-14494997690068_thumb.png

FPT_BACKUP_95.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to flash my bios using the FPT tool in bios and then it unlocked the advanced tab in bios as well as the gpu is doesnt downclock/ throttle anymore. i managed to get the gpu it to 1056mhz core and 4800mhz memory and it's very stable as well. Try to undervolt your CPU if you want to increase the voltage of your GPU thou, because you might run out of power and the laptop swtches to battery when that happens. Try using the static value instead of the dynamic, it's a lot better for haswell CPU. I got my CPU stable at core voltage 0.95v which reduces heat and consumption a lot, the cpu cache voltage an the other hand won't stay stable below 1.03v. I've increased voltage of the gpu to 1078, but I am not sure if I should try to push it further, cause it might generate too much heat or damage the gpu permanently. What do you think would be the highest safe voltage for the GTX 760M?

memory 4800mhz??are you sure???how do you set static value?in intel xtu its greyed out for me and i cant switch from adaptive to static?i got big problems with cpu temp after flashing when gaming even with 100mv undervolt in xtu

Actually my temps are fine with modded bios...just my gpu voltage jumped from 0.825V or 0.850V(not sure) to 1.037!that was the main heat problem i guess but i will test it now with less voltage for gpu..is the gpu under w a s d keys?cause i feel the heat a bit when temps go above 80C..i didnt felt the heat few months ago with same temps

• 2 weeks later...

i would help you but i dont know if you can use my vbios to flash..im not soo good in computers like other guys..Btw guys if you need more psu power you can undervolt integrated gpu..i undervolted for 30mv and its stable..no crashing while browsing etc..I also undervolted cpu 111mv and power managment is 99% and disabling wifi and bluetooth in device manager can help too..I tryied with static voltage but its seems worse for me..Anyone else having better results with static voltage?maybee im doing something wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hellooo i was told that i should look on techinferno forum for a modded bios for gpu overclocking and undervolting.I was active on bios mods forum and BDMaster told me to ask here further.I flashed my bios(Bios v.1.15 Slic + Menu Tabs Unlock) with bootble usb and now i have advance menu in bios but i cant overclock mine gpu.I read a bit this thread and seems that most of them managed to overclock above 135mhz?Could someone make me a modded bios?I will list my full specs with my backup of bios.Im really grateful for helping me.

Mine specs:Acer V3 772G,i7 4702MQ,nvidia 760M,8GB ram,Windows 7 64bit

Here is my backup of flashed bios 1.15 InsydeCorp.-V1.15.rom - Speedy Share - upload your files here

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, i quote gepeto!! I didn't flash my bios whit a modded one, but i wanna break the 135mhz GPU limit if it's possibile!! I have the new aspire v3-772g with win8.1, the GTX 850M and the 1.15 official acer bios. I want to unlock slic and menu tabs too, but i prefer to do "all-in-one" xD If i can overclock the gpu above 135mhz i'll think for the bios advance menu too if i can't, i don't know... ^_^

I have read almost everything in this thread and someone managed to surpass that stupid limit! But that bios and all those that i've found are for the 772g, but with the 760M, not the 850.. And above all if i flash the bios of someone else i lose forever my codes!! If you guys can help me i'll be indebted to you for...... ETERNITY :D

Thanks so much and sorry for my english, i'm italian :D

I'll wait with anxiety some answers ^_^ , i hope you can help us!!!

Regards

EDIT: i didn't want to do a triple post and i still can't see my other 2 replies now, so.. i edited this message! I finally found FPT!!! I have prepared the bootable usb but, without restarting in pure dos (i think it's equal for now xD), i tried to run cmd.exe as administrator and, after saving the FPT's dir to desktop, i loaded it and i've written "fptw -d bios.bin -bios".... operation passed! THIS is the created file, please, tell me if something's wrong (idk if you prefer a .rom), thanks so much, really!!

Hi Klem, thanks for your answer!! Are three hours i'm looking for Intel FPT tool to make a bios backup but i can't find it nowhere! I found ONLY "Universal Bios Backup". I'm working now and i'm with the office's PC, but i tested that .exe, It readed the bios and created a .rom file in the directory... idk if it's the same or if this app create some errors... I think it's perfect, but i wanted to be sure, it seems too easy :D. I don't know why i had so much trouble to find FPT 9.5 but it has completely disappaered -.-

I'll continue the research, but meanwhile i'll upload the .rom file created with Universal Bios Backup, i'm going home, in 10 minutes i will post it! THANKS SO MUCH for your interest!

I tried with my 772g but it doesn't work, it can't read the bios info O_O but maybe i've found FPT!! I've downloaded gepeto's bios and i founded a file "fpt.exe" maybe it's what i need! I've downloaded rufus for create a bootable usb and i'll try with this method, idk what else to do, i'll try with that file, if you have FPT, please, give me the link if you can.

P.S: Sorry for my double post, i thought to edit the previous message, but i can't see it now :( If i can do the bios backup and if my messages have not yet posted, i'll edit my first message, the only one wich currently i can see!

• 3 weeks later...

FOR THE MOD: I'm sorry for the off topic, but i'm only replying to the hyden's question, i'll try to be as shot as possible!

Have the Acer computers improved much over the past few years in quality for games? What games do you normally play?

I have the new 772g with the nvidia GTX 850m..... The notebook is simply A BEAST!!! I thought i had to get off at many compromises for gaming, but i couldn't be wrong more of that!! When the NB was delivered to my home i "tested" it with crysis 3 becouse that is a very heavy game for GPU and CPU, even if it's of 2013 and, with my big surprise, i can run crysis 3 with FHD resolution, ALL at high detail and the "post processing" at ULTRA!! i haven't lost much time with settings, but i'm sure i can put on ultra something else, but it isn't necessary, already in this way it's AMAZING! Now i have custom the NB (SSD, new dual channel ram at 1866mhz, before there was installed only 1 ram in single channel) and the performances are even more incredible. I tried The Evil Within with everything at max, wolf the new order? The same thing, ALL at max!! These games run incredibly well, wolf NEVER drops below 43/44 FPS!! With the evil within i played without FRAPS, but it also was very fluid and i didn't notice any fatigue, I still have lots of game to install and "test" but i've already tried the heaviest and the notebook responded perfectly!

I'm truly satisfied for now, but i'd like to flash my bios with a modded one, in this way, if by chance i needed, i can overclock my gpu above the stupid 135Mhz limit imposed by acer! Another huge limit it's this bios.... With the original 1.15 acer's bios i can't do ANYTHING! I think it's just for show!! It's ALL blocked and there isn't the "advanced" menu, in practice it's completely useless now, this is why i asked for help here, becouse i want unlock all the "normal" features of a "normal" bios (and more :D ), and, obviously, i want to have the possibility to overclock my gpu when it will be necessary (i would pay to do so!) ! For now the notebook has exceeded all my expectations, but sooner or later will be released some games which will require to overclock, this is sure!

I hope i've clarified your doubts!

i greet you all.

Sorry for my english and for the length of my message, i don't do it on purpose (i'm italian and i have the fault of talking so much!)

• 5 months later...

My laptop is v3-772g GTX 760M insyde bios v1.15 and when i try to overclock gpu memory clock with any program (afterburner/nv inspector) and press apply, clock goes back to zero, however, core clock works fine. Can anyone post the modified main system bios (unlocked full overclocking) download link? Thank you in advance.

• Bios Modder
My laptop is v3-772g GTX 760M insyde bios v1.15 and when i try to overclock gpu memory clock with any program (afterburner/nv inspector) and press apply, clock goes back to zero, however, core clock works fine. Can anyone post the modified main system bios (unlocked full overclocking) download link? Thank you in advance.

Check your email box.

I have the same laptop with GTX 760M and unlocked BIOS menu. I would like to undervolt my GPU, but I can't because of the limitation in BIOS. Can somebody help me too, please?

• Bios Modder
I have the same laptop with GTX 760M and unlocked BIOS menu. I would like to undervolt my GPU, but I can't because of the limitation in BIOS. Can somebody help me too, please?

If you want just undervolt your GPU, just use Nvidia Inspector.