680M SLI on a P370EM-model: updating VBIOS

panta

Hi everybody,

I've recently purchased a clevo P370EM model with two 680m models. Now I came across the vbios-mods and read that the procedure is a little different from flashing just one card, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask you guys before messing everything up. I've already updated my BIOS to the Prema-version (which I hope is compatible to tweaked vbios-versions?), I also did a couple of vbios flashs on other single-gpu systems, so I'm not totally new to the subject (unfortunately, all of them were AMD cards).

Is there a guide somewhere on how to flash a 680m SLI system or can someone tell me which steps I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your reply Tomasz! I've read your reply in the vBIOS-mods-Thread as well, and I seem to have the same goal you have. Can you tell me how exactly you managed to flash the new vbios and which version of NVFLASH you used? Which vbios did you choose for using just one 330W power supply?

Thanks again!

Hi Panta,

I still waiting for help from other users of p370em3 in my case. Like you know, I try to upgrade my laptop to 3d - p370em3. I didn't flash gpus yet, so far I update my bios and from now, I have P370em3 :) I really like to flash my cards using 3d version. In your case please check in bios or gpu-z your vbios and download the same one (my own vbios is 80.04.33.00.10). The instruction from Prema is simple, depend of what nvflash you will use, you may have to select master or slave card for update vbios - like first time you flash master card and second time you flash slave, so all together you will use nvflash twice.

Kind Regards

Tomasz

Added later:

I forgot about power supply - my own have 300W and I will use max 1.05v version.

Thanks again. Is there a list of modded vbios-roms somewhere? My current vbios-version is 80.04.67.00.01. and I would use nvflash 5.136. Is the process of flashing really that simple? Like booting to dos, flashing the master card and then flashing the slave card? How would the command prompts be then?

Sorry for these questions, but I really don't want to brick my system. I'm just curious about what is possible with this system without modding the power supply.

Hi Panta,

I had confirm information about my version of vbios for upgrade to p370em3. I flashed my card to new vbios OC 80.04.67.00.01 with success. Please download latest nvflash (I used windows version) and use cmd, always make backup first! It will ask you witch one card you want to save rom: 0 or 1. Both have the same vbios so up to you is to choice 0 or 1.

After that step type nvflash.exe -4 -5 -6 *.rom [ENTER]

After that nvflash will ask you twice for each card confirmation for flashing.

Wait until new window in cmd will close them self, next step is rebooting your laptop.

From now you have new vbios :)

Kind Regards

Tomasz

• Thumbs Up 1