Lenovo Y510p w/ 7260HMW AC Wireless. Please Assist. First Time on Forum.

FrankBob6677

Hello all, I have recently bought a Lenovo Y510p. So far I have had a horrible time with my decision as it is a good laptop, but I had bought the single GT755 model. My bios version is V3.05. my computer will not boot past "Unauthorized wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it." I do know that there are other forums that cover this issue but I am unable to download the files needed to correct the issue, because the website says I do not have access yet. Is there a way to do this without the files or how would I go about getting access to download them from the moderators?

You need to either sign up for the premium membership with a donation, or have 5 quality posts. Check the forum rules, there are more details there. You are close to 5 though!

I just bought that same card for my Y500, I already have my bios updated and unlocked. So you will need to do the same. I think you will want to put the old wifi card back in, get this all wrapped up. Remove old drivers, install new ones and then pop the 7260 back in and enjoy it.

Awesome! Thank you that definitely lifts a weight off of my shoulders, lol. I am really excited to try this new card out as I do quite a bit of gaming on this laptop when not at my pc. Thank you for the reply. I hope to search through the forums myself and hopefully lend a helping hand as well. Also, while learning as much as possible.

• 11 months later...
Hello All. I am new to the forum and need help on upgrading my kids Y510P laptops. I just installed the intel ac7260 on my asus and I love it and didnt realize I would have such a hard time upgrading the Y510. Need help

You don't need an upgrade especially from lenovo. You need to remove the whitelist from the bios so you can install your new wifi card. You actually have to downgrade to version 2.07 and follow the step as mention by "kevzho". After doing the mod, check your fan to see if it works properly under load, some ppl have problem with the fan controller after the mod.