Is eGPU possible for lenovo ideapad y510p?

ashwinsingh8

The kickstarter probably failed because most people didn't know about it in time. I'm still absolutely interested in one of these though. I'd rather use an ultrabay adapter than the mpcie ones. At least then it's easily removed for transport.

Edited by Psyrecx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Psyrecx,

one adapter is still available. 

If there are really more people interested in such an adapter I can order new adapters -> minimum quantity is about 10 pcs.

I'm interested. I have egpu setup with gtx 970 but when I'm using the internal screen my frames are limited to 48fps, my question can I use it with internal screen too? maybe you can try with gtx 970 just to be sure.

Just registered to say I'm would love to purchase one of your adaptors. I would like to use my Y510P as a "mobile" VR solution when travelling.

Would you be willing to setup a new ebay link and do you ship worldwide (or at least to europe) ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22.10.2016 at 11:33 AM, gerald said:

Anyone who still need an adapter?

I Need an Adapter too.

Can u Tell allready when they are available?

Edited by Leo_

On 10/22/2016 at 3:33 AM, gerald said:

Anyone who still need an adapter?

Me please! Also is there anyway it would make sense to go through a place like oshpark to manufacture the pcbs? I know a lot of people would love to have the adapter go to a smaller connector for something in an enclosure, I have pretty good experience with eagle if you wanted to do something like this.

I have only one adapter still available.

If more people need such an adapter I can start a new order batch. The minimum order number ist about 20 pcs. If a lot of people are interested in such an adapter they can answer to this discussion. If the number is reached I start a new eBay offer. The shipping time is about 6-8 weeks because the PCB has to be ordered.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.