Sorry, almost forgot to answer... the first link is a 470m, and for a quite decent price imo. The second link isn't a 470m, at least not the card which is shown in the picture...

The 470m works fine if you follow my guide and flash the modified VBIOS, but it might have some issues with overclocking. But it runs pretty cool, performance is decent.

6970m performs better, but also runs warmer. You might need to slightly modify the heatpipe to get the heatsink fit as tight as possible.

I'd love to exchange the card for you, but I'm afraid it won't be worth the way around half the world for $100 :D

Whether 470m or 6970m, it's really not that hard as long as you work carefully and follow all the steps in the guide I attached to the first post. You could also ask a local computer store to do the work for you, but I doubt they will do a better job than you can.

Thanks a lot! I am looking for GTX 470m and I wanna try it. But on eBay, the seller usually doesn't accept return. kaka. Any way, thanks for your help again!!!
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hello to all!

I've seen this page, and is awsome!!!

Im from México, I want to upgrade my M15 as well, in México, is very difficult to get this video cards, so, I will order it from ebay and I dont want to buy something is not going to work, so, Im here to ask you experts, I really want the 560M, is a cheap option, but im not sure if this is going to work, I've read about Throttling issues, but I don't know much about it...

This is the link for that card

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120805272647&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:CA:1123

If not, I would like the 460M

If I buy the 460M, i need to modify its BIOS as well?

NEW 1.5GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M Video card | eBay

If you think this is not the best option what would you buy (300Dlls)...

Thanks to all!!!

Thanks for your answer...

I'll order the 560M...

by the way, maybe this is not the right post, but do you know about this processor?

I actually own the Core i7 Q740

But i want this one:

INTEL quad mobile i7 920XM 3.2GHZ 8M PM55 extreme processor CPU | eBay

Does it fits on the M15x?...

Thanks again for your support!

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

I am trying to download the vbios, but it is complaining about not having permission. I have read the rules and don't see why I wouldnt have permission (I have more than 5 posts and not suspended/banned). Can someone please assist?

• Founder
Hi all,

I am trying to download the vbios, but it is complaining about not having permission. I have read the rules and don't see why I wouldnt have permission (I have more than 5 posts and not suspended/banned). Can someone please assist?

hi, please confirm you still can not download.

• Founder
Hi all,

Hi, it takes up to one hour or more to automatically upgrade your account after reaching five posts.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Hey mate,

Al good now, looks like I had a bad cookie or something, when I cleared them and tried again, off it went... Thanks for your help.

Edit: or what Brian said. I did wait about 12 hours, but it works now... All good!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

i dont think anybody has confirmed an 980m sli on the m17x r1 or r2 . as far as i know the highest possible nvidia upgrade on the r2 is single gtx 780m and single ati 8970. highest cf setting is 7970cf and from nvidia is an gtx 580m sli and thats confirmed. beyond that anything is speculation. unless you have post to confirm that

im sorry i saw they got it working on the m18x thread and they had said "working for all alienwares" so i assumed that included the m17x

in anycase i believe the 900 series cards work (they work in the r3/r4, m15x, and m18's at least). So you could get a 980m or 970m and pay the same price as a pair of 470s. you could even do a 780/880 and pay less

hey there, new to TI, di the install but it seems that my m15x wont recognize the 470m card... everything installed and fit perfectly fine without a hitch. rebooted and tried to install the new driver but it stopped during the "system compatibility" section saying it couldnt find compatible hardware. Looked in the device manager and it cannot find the new card after searching for new hardware. Ive tried everything i could think of including flashing the bios and then trying to find the hardware, but still havent been able to find it (even disassembled and tried again). It seems to be getting power (the gpu heatsink is warm after using) and i dont think it couldve been fried with static considering it came in a static protection package and i used a bracelet... Any tips or ideas to get it working? =[ im dying to play some evolve lol

system info (m15x, windows 7, intel core i7, 3g ram (for now), A01 PM55 mother)

you need a modified .inf file since the m15x was never shipped with this card as a choice from the factory.

if you can post the cards ID i can edit a file for you

device manager/ display properties window/ details tab/ hardware ids

heres a link to the guide

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/5249-%5Bguide%5D-modding-nvidia-oem-inf-files.html