Hp 17-e049wm modding

Hi guys and Gals

I just bought this laptop and have a few questions if anyone can help

The specs:

Amd A10-5750m

HD 8650g graphics

750 gig hdd

8 gigs ddr3 ram

Currently I have been doing some research and I got into my advanced bios it turns out I am 99 percent sure this big laptop has mxm support it has the option in the bios to switch cards and also asks if I want to activate mxm.

Basically what I want to know is if it is possible to buy a mxm card and install to run dual graphics. I plan on locking the processor at 3.2 when I figure that part out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi guys and Gals

The specs:

Amd A10-5750m

HD 8650g graphics

750 gig hdd

8 gigs ddr3 ram

Currently I have been doing some research and I got into my advanced bios it turns out I am 99 percent sure this big laptop has mxm support it has the option in the bios to switch cards and also asks if I want to activate mxm.

Basically what I want to know is if it is possible to buy a mxm card and install to run dual graphics. I plan on locking the processor at 3.2 when I figure that part out.

There's not a lot of info on your system, and I can't find a service manual. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't have support for mxm cards.

Hope I'm wrong though, could you open up the bottom panel and upload a picture?

There's not a lot of info on your system, and I can't find a service manual. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't have support for mxm cards.

Hope I'm wrong though, could you open up the bottom panel and upload a picture?

Sorry.

I will try to get a pic uploaded as soon as my kid goes down for a knap.

If you look on hp.com There is another pavilion 17 just like mine model number 17-E056sg it is running the exact same chipset and apu and everything accept it also has a mxm discreet gpu. Also I have the service manual I got it off of the hp website.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys and Gals

The specs:

Amd A10-5750m

HD 8650g graphics

750 gig hdd

8 gigs ddr3 ram

I've been trying to figure out the same thing, but I haven't even gotten as far as unlocking the bios to see the MXM options. Can you tell me how you did that?

Hi guys and Gals

The specs:

Amd A10-5750m

HD 8650g graphics

750 gig hdd

8 gigs ddr3 ram

Did you find if this is possible to run dual graphics?. Also, have you tried locking to 3.2 ? I can do this with RW everything but every time I do the lock it actually gives worse framerate . its like there's not enough power going to the igpu when the CPU is locked.