Im running on high performance mode.
My PC is plugged in.
'Stealth Mode' is off.

The story:-
Bought My alienware m15x on december 26 2009
So happy cause its my 1st gaming machine
Installed games
Happy with the performance
Realized that it did not run as well as other ppls one by comparing gameplay vids with same game settings and same specs
Realized fps dropping after maybe the game change maps or change scenes
Dint call them.
Finally Called them on november 2010
Ran hardware test and it failed.
They replaced my GPU, MOBO, Hard Disk, and RAM. They also reformatted my PC.
Realized same issues on the new hardware that they gave.
Called them on december 2010 regarding the CD Drive which dint work.
They replaced it.
Warranty expired on december 26 2010.
Called them but they cant help because warranty expired. They just recommended me to reformat.
Reformatted 3 times edi and still same problem.
Hardware diagnostics test stats that my hardware is fine.
Blue screens indicated that its my video driver.
Updated it, yet still same issues.
Now issues are getting worse. FPS drops after few minutes not after map changes.
I GIVE UP.
Late this year(2011), ill extend my warranty and make sure they get it fixed.

Yes i do regret not calling them earlier. Your thoughts and help pls, Thank you.
And sorry for whining and all but its PISSING ME OFF! teehee

Update(9/June/2011):

Firstly alot of different colours flashing (But i dint record) then it just went to different shades of Red

Reformatted my PC on the same day and still same problem with games, and yes i did update my drivers :|

Update(10/June/2011):

Just after i reformatted and did a clean install of windows 7, This happened. Video and audio slowing down and acting weird on youtube. I did not edit the clip. Only editing i did was increasing the audio of the recording because it was kinda soft. Feel free to compare it to ori vid.

ALIENFX not working now
Updated alienware command centre and OSD through support.dell.com and now alienFx is not working
i tried the power drain method and offed and on alienfx, rebooted so many times, still not working, even the light for the caps lock is not working Edited by Rubix

yes, now i see your updated post.

Sorry to hear that.

What would u like us to help you with?

Do you want to try and diagnose it?

I dont think my com can be helped anymore, I appreciate your concern

I did run diagnostics test and it states that my hardware is perfectly fine

I'll let other m15x owners pitch in here. Afraid i do not have specific knowledge of that model.

Thank you!! I appreciate it! It would be nice to know if there is any1 out there with the same issues as mine

Look if you get the right rep... as in one who's not a Di*k you can try to claim that your initial probs have still not been resolved by them on the initial mobo replace etc.. and claim that at the time it was still under warranty. Say that they never resolved the first issue back before warranty expired... tell them they need to support your system and even without the warranty current due to the fact they didn't resolve the issue while under warranty. Don't take no... and don't get off the phone till you speak to a manager/supervisor. It took me 6-8hours to even speak to one. don't give up say that it is still their responsibility since they didn't fix issue within warranty. So they may hang up... get as many names and dell employee numbers. This will be a fight for sure... but I think it may be possible on those grounds. The replacement parts are on record and you can say they didn't resolve the issue with those parts and are still responsible for the system! You have to be strong... I hope I get agreement here from the members of T|I.

Finding a good rep depends on luck really... and if you run into someone from India,then don't even BOTHER. ;)

If I were you,I would extend my warranty and have them replace my system...a WUR!!! I'd lots of problems with my M15x and few of ur issues as well...I called them up so many times that they got fed up and replaced it with the one in my Sig. :) As M15x is no longer produced and giving you a Refurb system is wayyy outta question, your best bet would be to put some money in warranty and walk away with BRAND new system real cheap.

If you have other ideas,then I have a lot of M15x spare parts lying around...let me know if you need anything for testing purposes. But callING them up and HAGGLING is ur best bet IMHO.

I gave the video another look and I agree with SlashX. Other than that if you go to 2:44 to 3:09 on your video all those screen shots seem like video card corruption... I don't see that its a driver... so I think your video card is shot. Those screens are graphic corruption for sure.. and as you've noted you're not overclocking. But I would try to get DELL-ALIENWARE to take care of the issue.

Thanks for the response,

I did try to convince them but they just wont, they kept on saying try reformatting my pc (but i wont cause i reformatted alot of times edi) and they record all my calls lol, so hard to convince

I think its the gpu too but idk might be cpu or display

Hmm, haven't watched the whole video yet. What's your GPU? 260m? My first 260m died, they replaced it and it started to act weird again a week later... and they refused to replace it again without sending in my system, since the card was only a week old, lol. Got myself a 5850m and have had no troubles since then.

Edited by svl7

Thanks for the response,

I did try to convince them but they just wont, they kept on saying try reformatting my pc (but i wont cause i reformatted alot of times edi) and they record all my calls lol, so hard to convince

I think its the gpu too but idk might be cpu or display

True you have two other options... get Dell to repair it by sending it in.. and after you know everything's 100% you can add a 6970M or a 470M which SVL7 and ILOVEBOOBS both put in their M15's. Or as SVL7 said you may be able to add a 560M since they are coming out soon.

yeah im using gtx 260m, they replaced mine with a new one and still got problems lol

wooh 560M i like that, but then i would have to pay more(1 for the warranty and 1 for the new card) which isnt cheap heheh

What about the log files? Can you post them?

Since you already reformatted (even several times) you can easily contact Dell. Since they probably won't be able to find the cause of this easily they will have to take a closer look at the system, so I guess you'll have to give them your system for 1-2 weeks for further examination.