7970m uses 20% fan speed on heavy loads

decap

heya again, after running some tests I saw that the gpu was only using 20% of the fan speed. Even at tempratures at 80/90 it still only used 20% of total fan speed. Whats the best way to increase the fan usages?

BTW whats are yours GPU Temperatue ?, mine starts about 72 at no wotk and goes up to 98 on mining crypto without BSOD until102 celcius. But i never overheated it while gaming.

exactly the same! for me... but makes me not wanna overclock teh card cause of teh temp getting up to 100:(

Maybey there are any hacks for laptop heatsinks ?

By this day i only changed termal paste on GPU, but it only gave me 2 degrees below what I'v got before. I'm also using special cooling pad and I know i can use magic FN+1 or FN+9 key combo to run full speed fan. But the sound it makes is unbearable.

ok this seems very random.. but today my cooling worked fine and even over clocked to 1000/1400 and temp was 84-88 degrees on heavy load. so yeah seems to me the cooling is random as fek or maybe didnt show correct temp yesterday for me :x