Tombraider 2013 shuts down issue (DX11 game) on MSI GT60-ONE

omega939

Whenever I run Tombraider 2013 (except during initial boot of OS the problem doesn't occur)especially in the intro of the game and when the game starts, my nb shuts down. My nb fsb is set to default 100fsb,tried to run the stock speeds of the gpu and still the problem is there... I tried to monitor the temps thru afterburner and it shows like 80-89degrees celcius but during intro the temps is much lower.

Is this heat related thats why the nb shuts down? I know if its gpu related i can see artifacts or just exits the game right? but it's not... Do I need to clean again and repaste? I just repasted it this month only though... Or thermal pads I need to replace? I just noticed that the surroundings of the power button of my notebook is warm not like before though... Do I need to reformat? Or do i need to adjust temps setting in bios?

Im getting frustrated here. can some techy guru help ? thanks a lot

NB=MSI GT60

gpu=NVidida gtx680m

mem= 8gb

AC/Adapter=240W dell

vbios= Slv7 1.025v MSI vbios

bios = unlock

OS=Win 7

do that or if you are willing to, cut a hole right under the fan; this allows for cool air to be drawn in easier. Also check thatt you have all overclocking software turned off because that is most of the time the when a game is unstable.