Ms 16f32 gtx 670m vbios help!

djdblaster

Bought used Alienware GTX 670M 1.5GB off eBay since mine MSI GTX 670M 1.5GB died. Same chipset, fits perfectly, installed with modded inf and gets recognized perfectly. Tried games, I get blue squares in Mortal Kombat 9 and Crysis 3 exits right when starting mission. DXGI error, nVidia fails and recovers itself...

Tried different drivers, 327.23 was the best as I actually got the games up and running nicely (I believe this was due to 0.8V somehow). Decided to update drivers and troubles again. Voltage is high (0.85-0.9V), cannot start games, blue squares in some of them, lines, etc. I tested the card with Furmark, works great, no errors. Reverted back to 327.23, but no luck. VDDC is high again (0.9V), games don't work.

What I believe is that VBIOS of the actual MSI GTX 670M 1.5GB would help in here. Does anyone have original VBIOS (not OC) and instructions with links on how to flash the GPU?

I've got all the info on my PC, ask if you need anything. Currect hardware ID is: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1213&SUBSYS_095E1462&REV_A1. I believe the older (mine dead MSI GPU) hardware ID was: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1213&SUBSYS_10CB1462&REV_A1

Please take a look at this post on MSI HQ, scroll down please: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=174954.msg1279984

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Just a small update on this old thread for new people to come in and look for solutions.

The problem was vRAM. I sent the card back to the seller and got refunded. Never got it to work though.

This thread can be marked as solved. Thanks.