Ms 16f32 gtx 670m vbios help!

djdblaster

My laptop experienced electrical surge and GTX 670M died. I checked everything else and it works like a charm. Ordered used Alienware GTX 670M 1.5GB off eBay, installed it, installed modded drivers and it works, but with troubles. I believe VDDC is too high for my laptop - 0.9V which makes games unplayable. I get blue squares on screen and different shapes. Checked the card with Furmark, works great, no errors. I installed older drivers (327.23), got the VDDC to 0.8V somehow (don't know), result - games work flawless. Updated drivers, same troubles.

So, I guessed the laptop is overheating and high voltage because the GPU was installed in Alienware system which could probably have better cooling and voltage (?). VBIOS must be Dell's. I got all info on my PC, I can post it here for you guys.

What I believe could be the best it to flash back original MSI GTX 670M 1.5GB VBIOS and everything should sort out by itself. I don't know how to flash, would be kindly provide me with instructions and links?

Thanks! All the best!

P.S.

Current GPU hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1213&SUBSYS_095E1462&REV_A1

Older (dead, MSI) GPU hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1213&SUBSYS_10CB1462 (I believe this is correct since I'm half-guessing it based on my experience)

I posted my problem here too, please scroll down: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=174954.msg1279984

• 2 weeks later...

For starters do not use Furmark its known to bring even the most powerfull of GPU's to its death a simple 3DMark or even Kombustor would be better..

Best bet is to dump your vBios and give svl7 a shout with modding the vbios to the power spec you need. But if you have had an electrical surge and it killed the GPU have you made sure it hasn't damaged anything else although a part might not look damaged it doesn't mean it isn't.

Also to save yourself from another electrical surge get a surge protector.

Also you have double posted as well mate. Might want to ask a moderator to remove one.

For starters do not use Furmark its known to bring even the most powerfull of GPU's to its death a simple 3DMark or even Kombustor would be better..

Best bet is to dump your vBios and give svl7 a shout with modding the vbios to the power spec you need. But if you have had an electrical surge and it killed the GPU have you made sure it hasn't damaged anything else although a part might not look damaged it doesn't mean it isn't.

Also to save yourself from another electrical surge get a surge protector.

Also you have double posted as well mate. Might want to ask a moderator to remove one.

Kombuster is pretty much furrmark with a different skin made by msi for including with afterburner.

• 8 months later...