Laptop Cooler

Skyite

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno about the size on your Lenovo, but I have a CoolerMaster NotePal X3 that goes everywhere with me, usually under the "sidekick" netbook rather than my main laptop. As a bonus, it has enough cooled area on top for a couple of external HDD's... :)

Catch is, it takes as much room as an entire 17" laptop, and for carrying the beast and my 12.5TB, eight-drive storage array I gotta use a catalog case that's technically too big for airline carry-on.

I'm using a Zalman-NC3000U, and it's doing a good job, I own the same laptop as Diamondback, and it's definitely making my laptop a lot quieter. I've not really spent a lot of time looking at the temps, but the chipset also runs a little cooler.

I also have a Notepal U3. With my old laptop (Acer Aspire 8735G) it was a really big difference. I think about 10-15 degrees.

With my new MS-16F2 barebone it's not a big difference. I think it really depends on the fan layout and the ventilation holes on the bottom.

I decided to purchase the cooler master notepal 3 as the 3 80m fans are movable. You can position them directly under your intake points at the bottom of your laptop. They also make a 2 fan version for 15 inch or smaller laptops.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I suggest doing a custom cooler, cheapest one would be Plexiglas heated and bent, than you have wood, final would be sheet metal thinnest you can afford. I've personally did my final with 1/8inch aluminum and run three fans with a 3.5inch Fan controller beneath the setup.

I would suggest building your own custom laptop cooler. If you've tinkered with any kind of DIY project before it's pretty much a breeze of measuring and cutting. You basically have three options in materials: Plexiglas, Wood, Sheet-Metal... I myself have made one of all three and my current laptop cooler is 1/8inch aluminum. They you can make it the viewing height you wish, or opt for an adjustable height. With your own cooler you get more wiggle room for extras like a fan controller and exactly where want the fans for placement is a huge help too.