Ati HD6990M -> New one

jazra

Hello guys! Mine 6990m messed up and burned so i decided to switch to an other one. Can you give me advice which one to buy? Oficials offered gtx580m but it seems too old. Dont want to switch to amd video since i had many troubles with driver instalation because of integrated intel. With gtx580 will be fine i know since there are official dell drivers... this is good side.

But Is geforce compatible after using ati video card? Will GTX780m be fine? I dont know any of aspects choosing new video( read smth about voltage..), dont want to mess again..

Thanks for help

GTX580m is the same age as the 6990m, so you wont go back in time anyway. Just ask the helpdesk @ alienware.

My BTO 17CL47 (Clevo P170EM) is able to use a nvidia, however i don't know if it will work with the 780m.

6690M = PCI-e 2.-0x16, while 780m is PCI-e 3.0 x16.

Seems like a waste of money for your current laptop if you ask me.. Go with the "free" 580m