need some advice msi gt70 680m temps°

super-toast

Hi everybody, sorry for my bad english i am French ^^ .

I need advice from people with MSI GT70 with 680M, because i think my graphics card is running too hot in game. I repast five times since i had my gt70 0ne and i always reach 90°C in game (crysis and BF3) all options in Ultra (1920*1080).

I bought a heatsink from Cooler Boost 2 http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/03/1389995052-p1190436.jpg

So when i see some guy saying they stay at 70-75C° max degrees in games, I wonder how they do it.

I use artic silver 5, i also try the noctua NT-h1, but it changes nothing. I had a notepal u3.

Maybe I should use high end thermal pad (superior to 8 W/Mk) or use Collaboratry liquid ultra :sour:. I dont see anithing and I believe that the 680m heats simply more than the other cards (660m, 670, MX,770m, ...)

Or maybe these people do not just play has blockbuster like crysis, metro last light, far cry3, battlefield 3and 4 ...(more cpu and gpu demand than other game in ultra or max)

And have you a GT70 with a 680m? and if this is the case what are your temps in games?

arctic silver 5 is no longer a good thermal paste. There are much better these days. Switching to liquid ultra will knock around 10C off of your max temperature, but something more modest like the high end IC diamond will help by around 5C. Liquid ultra is difficult to work with though. If you want to remove it it must be sanded off of the heatsink, but it can be wiped off of the GPU die.

Also some cards simply draw more power than others. Yes of those cards you mentioned the 680m does draw the most power and thus will run the hottest, but even among 680m some will run hotter than others. You can tell if you have a hot card in GPU-z if the asic quality % is low, like in the 60% range.

Better thermal pads will let you overclock your memory a little higher, but that's it.

• Thumbs Up 1

73.2% for my ASIC quality,

I do not know if it's good or not, but thanks for the advices, I'l try the ic diamond 24carat and better thermal pads, Liquid ultra scared me :D

What's the thickness of your current pads? 0,5mm should give the best contact with the die, as for thermal paste I have gotten the best results with Phobya nanogrease extreme, haven't tried liquid ultra yet.