upgrademonkey GTX 880M Review /preview

So from that review it seems that a good OC of the 780M should have the same performance of the 880M.....

Not bad, I think for now the 780M is the best choise until the new Maxwell top nvidia card will be released, and I think this will happen only the next year.

So from that review it seems that a good OC of the 780M should have the same performance of the 880M.....

Indeed, cause it's exactly the same GPU. Just a bit more graphics memory on the board.

Indeed, cause it's exactly the same GPU. Just a bit more graphics memory on the board.

Yes but i think that 8Gb of memory are useless. Which game needs so much graphic memory? And even in the future with higher detailed textures I don't think it'll be entirely used.

True, with mobile gaming still happening at 1080p it isn't of much use, at least I can't really think of any situation that would really benefit from 8GB vs 4GB.

Not sure what the Clevo or Dell card will use when it comes to the GDDR5 modules, but this MSI card had some great chips on it, overclocked like a king, so that is a positive aspect, at least for a bencher :D

• 2 months later...
again ,for media/ experienced tester / enthusiasts/reviewer , we are more than happy to lend card out upgrademonkey. We only have 4 pcs. so chop chop! it is free of charge, you only need to pay for shipping. if you are good, we will even cover one way shipping. ( fully refundable deposit is required, guaranteed by paypal)

send me a private message/ email lee A@T upgrademonkey D.O.T com

Hello upgrademonkey! i referred you to one of the best there is and you still charged him.. even tho there was a refund after the review I think you should state that you will require a deposit of what the card is worth because saying paying only u shipping isnt quote accurate wouldn't you say..

• 5 weeks later...
Our testing rig is Clevo P177SM.

How did you run the GTX 880M on older P177SM? Can you help me how to do it?

I am with latest Clevo BIOS and Firmware but this P177SM unable to detect the Kepler GTX 880M in Windows, so no Nvidia driver can be installed.

Thanks.